3. Talking with Nancy

Mike's pov:

I once again Walked over to Hoppers cabin and knocked.

This time El answered.

" He-" i started but was cut of by her grabbing the door and slamming it shut.

" El! Please! Please! I want to apologize please." I was banging on the door now.

" EL! COME ON! OPEN THE DOOR. PLEASE I JUST WANT TO TALK.... please...." I said now full on sobbing.

The door opened.

"Hi." El said while looking at me. I smiled softly while still with tears rolling down my face. I was happy that she finally said something.

" Hi," i replied " i want to apologize. Even though I don't know what i did i-"

" Mike but if you don't know what you did then you can't apologize and i can't accept your Apology." She said with a neutral face.

" I know. I'm sorry. What did i do? I want to make it right. I want to be able to apologize." I said and she sighed.

" That you will have to figure out on your own." El said.

" Yeah...ok." i replied. There was a moment of silence.

" Bye Mike." She said.

Eleven was about to close the door when she turned towards me again.

" Oh and one more thing. Will also doesn't want to talk to you. Please give us both some time. He told me that you had came here the other day. If we tell you to leave us alone please respect that." She said.

I started crying even more: " But I don't want to lose both of you."

" Mike. You won't lose us. We just need some time alone....it's really hard coping with everything that happened. Some people have other ways of coping and you have to respect them. Maybe you should have some time alone too. It's not like we're suddenly going to disappear." She said still with a neutral face but now i could see her face becoming more sad.

" But you both are the most important people to me. And i just need someone to talk to." I said.

" You could talk to Nancy." She suggested.

" I'm sorry for bothering you El." I said.
" You aren't bothering me. As i said both me and Will need some time. When we're going to be ready we'll be able to talk again. I promise " she said and smiled sadly.

" Thanks. Bye El." I said and she waved.

I got home and immediately went upstairs to Nancys room. I knocked 3 times before hearing my sisters voice from the other side of the door: " Come in."

" Hey Nancy." I said. She rolled her eyes: " What do you want Mike?"

" Can we talk? I just need someone i can talk to." I said.

She sighed, nodded and tapped on her bed signaling that i can sit down next to her.

" So what's wrong?" She asked.

" Well....ever since you know what...El and Will have been ignoring me. El didn't talk to me at all and Will said a few words. Hopper told me that El hasn't really been coming out of her room but Will has been hanging out with Dustin almost every day but he refuses to hangout with me or even speak to me. Today i was able to finally talk to El and she told me that both she and Will need time to think. I tried apologizing but she told me that she can't accept my apology if i don't know what I'm apologizing for."
I said.

After a brief moment of silence Nancy spoke up: " Well...i think you and El will be fine....on the other hand Will."

" Huh?" I asked. I felt sick to my stomach. Did Will hate me? Does he not want to be friends anymore? Did something bad happen?

" I think things will be fine with Will also but you have to be way more careful. Please Mike. Just please be careful around Will." She said with a sad tone Almost begging me.

" Careful? What do you mean?" I asked. I was so scared. I felt like throwing up. What if something extremely bad happened?

" He's.... he's upset ok? And you know how he gets impacted by words way more than El." She said and i nodded. That i know very well. He's always taken words to heart.

" Both of them need you. And you have to balance them out equally. You can't forget about Will because of El. You need to treat them both the same." She said. I felt tears forming in my eyes again. Was that how will felt like?

" They both need you the same amount. Of course i think you should definitely sort things out with Eleven before you start with will. Not only because you need to know if she wants to be in a relationship but also because she'll be easier to talk to. On the other hand Will might need more comforting, talking and understanding." She said and i nodded again.

" But whatever you do. You cannot have another fight with them. Especially Will." She said. I hugged her and held her tight.

" Thank you Nancy." I said and started crying in her shoulder.

" Yeah yeah no problem." She said.

This night i won't even go to sleep. I had to come up with what I'm going to say to both of them. This time i can't even say one word incorrect. By what Nancy said they both are upset with me about something. I need to use my words correctly. Losing them would mean losing the meaning of life.

So i better get to thinking.
___________________________________________

A/n: I felt like Mike needs some kind of talk with Nancy so i ofc added it 😉😏

Word count: 959