Chapter 10. Undress

PRETTY SICK!
— undress ☆

PRETTY SICK!— undress ☆

Angie's ice-cold fingers wrapped around the telephone as she placed the little change she had from her pockets into the machine, and dialed her aunt's home phone number

Angie's ice-cold fingers wrapped around the telephone as she placed the little change she had from her pockets into the machine, and dialed her aunt's home phone number. It rang a few times, then clicked with a short, "Hello?"

"Um... hey, Tabby... I, um..."

"Is it Julie again?" Tabby sighed, "I'll be over in a bit." And the line went dead.

Aunt Tabitha was kind, skittish as ever, but still kind-hearted as she tried her best to put up with both her sister and all of the children that came with her. She left money, food, and gifts on birthdays and holidays. Still, she kept them at arm's length like everyone else, for the sake of her own happiness. Angie never knew her mother before she became a mother, so she never experienced Julie Olsen as a happy, young girl. It probably hurt to watch her become a shell of what she once was.

The girl shivered at the thought, and because the November weather felt very unforgiving as the breeze hit Angelica's bare arms. She had no coat, only enough change to make one more call, and very few people who had the gall to lend her a bed for the night. Normally she asked Raymond, but whenever she sent him on a 'mission' he preferred to be left alone, which meant no spontaneous sleepovers.

She sighed and wiped her face as she realized she may have to wait until an ungodly hour in the morning to sneak back into her room to avoid conflict; then a fleeting thought crossed her mind. It came as fast as it went— Steve Harrington. It felt weird the moment the idea appeared, foreign and nostalgic in a way that made all of her innards flip upside down inside of her. Was she giddy? Excitement that pooled in her stomach, a childish excitement she got only from the thought of hanging out with him.

It was like going back in time to when things were simpler, before it went to shit.

Hesitantly, she pushed her quarters into the small slit and held her breath as she dialed the number of the Harrington home. Usually she never called beforehand, but it seemed like common courtesy after not speaking to him for months, right? It rang, then rang again, and a few more times before it was answered, "Hello?"