ONE, "WE GOT THIS"

. . • ☆ . ° .• ✧°:. *₊ ✩° ・゚. ☆

The sound of the dangling golden bell being rung echoed through the air, exalted high above the ground. Its melody a signal that the last challenge of the cheer course had been completed. A true sign of victory.

"Z-team wins," Bucky Buchanan announced with a groan.

Said Z-team cheered as the flyers landed, jogging over to Bucky, next to the annual cheer challenge cup, the ultimate prize of bearing through Seabrook's cheer camp.

Was it entirely worth it— hunkering down in a cabin surrounded by the forbidden forest with Bucky constantly ordering them around, when their summer could be spent well in other ways? Probably not, Hayden thought.

But it was still exciting to win nonetheless. Hayden could at least admit that.

Bucky frowned, turning to the other group of cheerleaders covered in mud and running to his side. "Aceys, disappointing. You can't be scared to get those jazz hands dirty." He complained with a wave of his hand, motioning to them.

Disbelief made the Aceys stutter. "Uh- Wha—"

"The Cheer Camp Cup is yours." Bucky sighed to the Z-team. He handed over the massive bowl, one of his few prized possessions other than his face, to his sister Hayden, who in turn gave it to Addison, its rightful holder.

"Hey," Hayden nudged his shoulder, "don't sound so bummed out, bro. The Aceys will win next time— hopefully. For your sake." She smiled at him brightly, trying to tease him a bit.

He narrowed his eyes at Hayden in a sign of annoyance before suddenly snatching back the trophy from Addison's hands. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now let's make this victory about me." Bucky beamed, motioning to himself after setting the trophy back on its altar. "I've decided to be school president this year."

He had said it so matter of factly that it made Hayden cross her arms over her chest, raising a brow at him. "Isn't there— oh, I don't know— like technically an election, or something?" Hayden asked her brother, a layer of sarcasm lingering in her tone.

"Come on. Who else is winning except me." He shrugged and gestured to himself, grinning like his victory— very much a potential victory, if you asked Hayden— was the most obvious thing ever said in the history of Seabrook. "Which means we'll need a new cheer captain while I rule the school. Who thinks they're worthy enough to lead?"

The announcement made each of the Aceys throw up their hands, clamoring over one another about how they deserved to be the next Seabrook cheer captain. Their arguing overlapped, differing from their typical synchronized selves.

Bree stepped forward, shaking her head at Bucky's self-centered posse. "No! No, no, no, no. We.. we need a captain that's going to build a united squad. Someone like Addison or Hayden." She smiled, gesturing to the cousins.