FOUR, "POLITICS AND WEREWOLVES"

. . • ☆ . ° .• ✧°:. *₊ ✩° ・゚. ☆

The school was expected to continue on as normal. But realistically, how could they? With zombies going back to being treated unjustly, living under prejudice and being wrangled into a box of Seabrook's fears that they tried to tuck away, shoved deeply in the shadows so that it may never affect the perfection the town had always tried to display.

Bucky, however, remained his glittery and annoyingly preppy self. His efforts to promote his campaign were increasing the closer it got to the time of the assembly, where those running for the school president election would be officially announced to the student body. He was going up and down the halls campaigning, telling anyone he passed to vote for him. Jacey trailed behind him like a little puppy, smiling and handing their victims a piece of paper that had Bucky's face plastered all over it. 

"Why are you advocating so much already?" Hayden found herself asking her brother. "Voting hasn't even been announced yet."

"Because, Hayden," Bucky began. Every time he opened his mouth it felt like he was patronizing her, and Hayden hated it. "When people hear that I'm running, they'll quit before elections even start. They got no chance winning against me."

Hayden rolled her eyes as she shut her locker. She sometimes wondered if Bucky ever thought things through before speaking his mind, which she highly doubted. Someone needed to deflate her brother's ego. "Dude. Do you even have it in you to have good sportsmanship?"

She watched Bucky narrow her eyes, "Hayden!" For a second, she thought he was offended by her question. In a way, though, he was, "Do you even know me? Of course not!" And yet, he finished with a smile on his face.

"What about being cheer captain? How are you so willing to leave that behind?"

"Sis, I don't need to worry when I know I have you to take my place. I know my own flesh and blood will be able to handle being cheer captain." Hayden averted her eyes from landing on Jacey. She could bet that her brother's words being said right in front of him, like he wasn't even there, stung.

Wait. Backtrack. Did she actually just receive a compliment from Bucky? She never thought she'd see the day.

Nevertheless, she shook her head. "Bucky, I'm not trying out for cheer captain."

"I know, I'm the best. You're welcome—wait, what did just you say? Hayden," he almost laughed, "don't be ridiculous. You're supposed to be cheer captain. That's always been your dream."

"Bucky, no, that's Addisons dream." Hayden sighed. She knew the conversation wouldn't end up going anywhere. And she had to end it if not for Jacey's sake. "Anyways, shouldn't you be getting ready for some big entrance thing or whatever?"