The Night is Ours

"Phaidros climb in, I'll push the boat"

Phai excitedly climbed aboard.

Auxentios walked the boat out until the sea was just above his knees when Phaidros helped him up into the boat. He quickly dried his legs and grabbed the other oar, sat beside the older blonde and they both began their journey outward to the edge of the sea and hopefully for Phaidros... space!

They were happy that it was a warm night just south of Athens, Auxentios was happy that Phaidros had had his idea in the summer and not the middle of winter. He hated being cold, he felt it more than Phai . But nevertheless he was here with him in the middle of the endless sea at night.

Auxentios turned around briefly to see how far from shore they were, to his surprise they were further than he thought.

"We haven't been rowing that long Phai, yet we're this far out"

Phai turns round to look to shore.

"How strange"

They both instinctively looked to the sky, it looked strange.  They simultaneously stopped rowing. The boat still continued on. They looked at one another in disbelief.

"Phaidros"

"Auxentios"

They said simultaneously in a nervous tone. 

The boat became faster till the candlelights of shore looked like pin pricks of light. 

"Phai what's happening?" Aux said in a shaken tone

He felt down to find the sea between his fingers but he could not, he reached down further and found they were hovering inches above the sea.

"Phaidros we're flying!" he shouted excitedly.

Phaidros looked over the side of the boat and then looked at Aux and broke into laughter.

"We're really going, Aux"

The boat rose higher into the sky and glowed. The men held onto one another tightly out of excitement and fear.

"Phaidros" Aux began.

"The night is ours, Auxentios" he grinned back.

Aux ruffles the bearded blonde's hair.

They sat there in the moments after anticipating what would be next...