Where's The Other Half?

~Thrid Person Pov~

Thanos and Gamora stand a few miles away from the mountain that kept the soul stone. "The stone had better be up there...For your sister's sake." Climbing up the rocks of the mountain to be stopped inside.

By a cloaked, faceless figure there to guard the way to the soul stone. "Welcome, Thanos, son of Eros. Gamora, daughter of Thanos." Thanos is a bit taken aback by the cloaked figure knowing his and his daughter's names.

"It is my curse to know all who journey here."

"Where's the Soul Stone?"

"You should know...It extracts a terrible price."

Thanos takes a step forward prepared to pay the price. "I am prepared." A silence appeared for a minute. "We all think that at first...We are all wrong." The figure glides farther out of the shadows and reveals the face of red skull.

___________________________________________

Red Skull leading Thanos and Gamora to an outside pinnacle. "How is it you know this place so well?" Questioning red skull as they walk along the rumble stone grounds. "A lifetime ago, I, too, sought the stones. I even held one in my hand. But it cast me out, banished me here. Guiding others to a treasure I cannot possess."

Coming to the edge of the mountaintop, and stop at the precipice. "What you seek lies before you. As does what you fear."

Gamora takes in a deep swallow while staring down the edge of the mountain. 

"What's this?"

"The price. Soul holds a special place among the Infinity Stones. You might say it has a certain wisdom."

"Tell me what it needs." 

Thanos stands in front of Gamora continuing his conversation with red skull. "To ensure that whoever possesses it... Understands its power... The stone demands a sacrifice," He stands on the edge of the precipice looking down at the drop.

"Of what?"

"In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. A soul...For a soul." Thanos narrows his eyes from the price to require the soul stone. Before realizing the great sacrifices he will have to make.

Gamora begins to laugh at the irony of the situation. "All my life, I dreamed of a day...A moment when you would get what you deserved. And I was always so disappointed. But now...You kill and torture...And you call it mercy. The universe has judged you. You asked it for a prize, and it told you no. You failed. And do you wanna know why? Because you love nothing. No one."

Tears rolled down Thanos's face as he turns to look at Gamora. "No..." She tilted her to the side. 

"Really? Tears?"

"They're not for him."

Gamora looks at red skull before realizing the whole situation that is about to unfold. "No. This isn't love." 

He takes steps toward Gamora as she began to walk backward. "I ignored my destiny once. I cannot do that again. Even for you. I'm sorry, little one." Gamora quickly grabs the switchblade attempting to stable herself in the stomach but just for the switchblade to turn into bubbles.

"NO!"

Thanos grabs her by the wrist ignoring her calls as she tries in vain to break from his grasp but he soon throws her over the side and watches sorrowfully as she falls to her death. Thanos lying in the water. He opens his hand and sees that he has half of the soul stone.

Angerly turning to red skull from receiving only half of the stone. "WHERE'S THE OTHER HALF OF THE STONE!"

"...H/p"