09

Taromi has been absent for the past days. You never saw her.
She might be very serious about this, you thought. You text Taromi everyday, only for her to leave 'em messages on delivered, sometimes seen, but she never replies.
This is the first time she ever ignores you without excusing herself.
Well, still, Jin is there, so why not ask him what happened or if your best friend is okay? You decided to do so, after your class period.

The bell finally rings before you stood up from your seat and walked towards your boy best friend.
"Jin?" You called out for his name. This was a big chance, Jin was left alone by the girls and he doesn't seem busy!
Although, he uttered a curious expression, probably wondering why you walked to him, you rarely do so.
"Yes?" He replied. His voice wasn't deep, but wasn't high-pitched either, and just like his personality, his voice is average. Jin is an average guy in these girls' eyes, no matter how much they act stupidly in love towards the male, Jin always act clueless and innocent.
Before speaking again, you cleared your throat. "You and Taromi are close now, right?"
Jin nodded at you. "Yeah."
"Well, i was wondering, if she's alright? You know what i mean.."
"..Yes, Taromi is okay.. but i don't know what you, uh, mean. What's going on between you two?" Jin said, staring at your orbs with confusion.
"We had a fight.. a silly, childish fight. It seems like she took it personally. Now she doesn't even go to school?" You rubbed the back of your neck with your palm.
"I've been visiting her house, but she's just.. home alone. Taromi didn't tell me why she didn't want to go to school though, which concerned me. So now that you told me, the situation is between you two?"
You nod hesitantly. You wouldn't put it exactly how Jin put it.
"Can you please talk to her about us? She has been ignoring my messages."
"Yes, of course! I don't see why not," Jin smiled, ear to ear. "I'll visit her after school."
"Than—" Suddenly, you felt a weight behind you. It was a person who bumped you accidentally.
"Ah! Sorry," The person apologized with a nervous smile. "I didn't mean to bump to.. you." He took a pause, staring directly at you as if he first time saw a beauty.
"Oh, um, no problem." You slowly replied back, lifting an eyebrow.
You and the unknown male just stared at each other awkwardly, but not totally uncomfortably, there's clealy something in his gaze.
"AHEM, AHEM." The eye contact was interrupted by Jin.
"Where were we? Oh, right, we're going on a date, right, babe? I can't wait to see your lovely red dress! Also, i'll wear the black suit that you gave me on my birthday!—" You stared confusedly at Jin who just started rapping a second ago, then you realized—
"A-ah, well, i gotta g-go now.. Have a n-nice day!" The unknown boy left the classroom.
You turned your head back to your friend.
"What was that?"
"Oh, come on, at least thank me. I know that guy was making you uncomfortable somehow. He's also ugly, you know?" Jin excused, rolling his eyes aggressively.
"Staring doesn't make me uncomfortable," You said, crossing your arms on your chest. "And most importantly, he is not ugly. Just because he's obviously a nerd or bookworm doesn't make him automatically ugly. See you." You walked away quickly with an annoyed face before the idiot could speak again.

"Darn. It's raining outside.." Jin started, who appeared out of nowhere just beside you, caused you to flinch. He also had an umbrella in his hands.
"Jeez, don't scare me like that."
Jin rolled his eyes with a smile.
"You don't have an umbrella, do you?"
"Joke's on you, i have." You smiled cockily, walking away from Jin and towards your locker.
You unlocked your locker and grabbed an umbrella from inside it. It has thee
black color and (f/c) polka dots.
"Aww.." Jin pouted.
"Oh, shut up. You're supposed to be with Taromi," Earlier flashed through your mind, "Also, aren't you going to visit her? Go leave, now."
"You hurt me, agaiN."
"What?"
"What?"

Silence filled the air. Did you hear something?
Or not, you were looking at Jin the whole time, you might've heard something but it's clealy not Jin, his mouth was completely close.
Maybe, your imagination? You hear that from the unknown asshole often, they're stressing you now.
"Oh, nevermind that— I thought i heard something." You said, looking away before walking towards the exit of the school as Jin ran after you.
"Hey!! Wait for me." He gripped onto his umbrella.
"W-wait." You spoke out, making Jin stop on his tracks as he saw a familiar boy just outside the school entrance.
"It's the guy from earlier!" You said, grinning faintly as you ran slowly towards the stranger.
"(Y-(Y/n)!!" Jin shouted out your name, causing the boy from earlier to turn to your direction.
"Hello! You're the student earlier," you said, smiling. "I'm (Y/n), you?"
This time, Jin stopped running from behind you and watched as you try to start a conversation with the male.
"I'm.. Eijiro."
"Nice to meet you, Eijiro— are you stuck here?" You asked, staring at his green eyes, making him sweat.
"S-seems so. The rain hasn't been stopping, and i don't have my raincoat."
Eijiro stared at the ground.
"We can walk together, if you'd like."
No. Why are you talking with him?
"R-really?"
You just met him hours ago. Is it because you think he's attractive, cute, hot?
"Yeah, of course."
This isn't supposed to happen. Is it because of the eye contact you had earlier? Is it because you think there is something on his gaze earlier?
"I w-would, but i hope you don't mind.."
L O o K A t m E, n O T H I m.
"Well, Jin!" You called out your friend's name, but he honestly took too long to respond. "Yeah?"

"Do you wanna walk with us?"

He gripped tightly on his umbrella. His hand hurts. Like, it really hurts, his blood could pop out any second, but no, NO.
This isn't how it's supposed to be. You hurt him more—
This is such a horror.

"Actually.. I have something to do at school. So you go ahead. Stay safe and see you tomorrow." He grinned.