Paternity

Victoria

Harry went for the mail. He picked up and went back to the kitchen. He started looking through the email and saw that he has a letter. But Dudley grabed the letter from Harry's hands and started yelling "Mom! Dad! Harry got a letter!" Harry wanted to take the letter back but he couldn't get it. "Letter? Who would wrote him?" Uncle Vernon said and Dudley gave his father the letter. When uncle Vernon saw that letter he froze and was pale. He look at his wife Petunia and-

"Nine letters. Iodine deficiency in children?" Chase question takes me back to real world from my book. Chase is sitting in chair and he's trying to solve crossword.

"Cretism." Foreman says finding more interest in his nails. I snort at his answer. Chase looks at him and write it.

....

"I recognize that loopy 'G'" Dad coments Cameron's style of writing. "So, what does the jerk tell us?"

"Nothing good. The brain's losing control of the body, can't order the eyes to focus, regulate sleep patterns or control muscles." Foreman inform us.

"A movement disorder or a degenerative brain disease" I want to contrinue but dad interrups me

"Either way, this kid's gonna be picking up his diploma in diapers and a wheelchair" Dad looks at us

"Maybe not that bad. Could be an infection." Chase suggest

"You wish. No fever, nowhite count." Dad scoffs "Anyone think this differential diagnosis might be compromised because we don't have an accurate family history?" Every his word is dripping with annoyed tone.

"I took an accurate family history." Cameron's tone is slightly angry.

"You didn't even take an accurate family." Dad's question makes Cameron confused. "His father's not his father."

"Why would you say that?" Chase looks confused to dad direction.

"Thirty percent of all dads out there don't realize they're raising someone else's kid." Dad states

"From what I've read, false paternity's more like 10 %." Foreman shakes his head.

"That's what our moms would like to belive." Dad slightly shake shis head.

"Who cares? If he got it from his parents, they'd both be dead by now." Cameron turns anoyed. "Can we get on with the differential diagnosis?"

"Five bucks says I am right" I roll my eyes at dad's childish behaviour.

"I'll take your money." Great now Foreman joined.

"Hit a nerve? Don't worry Foreman. I'm sure the guy who tucked you in the night was your real daddy" Dad provokes Foreman and Foreman makes the bet 100 bucks.

"What about leukoencephalopathy in a 16 year old?" Cameron tried to ignore dad and Foreman' s childish bet.

"It doesn't necessarily have to be that bad. If we exclude the night terrors, it could be something systemic. His liver, kidneys. Something outside the brain." Chase makes movement with his hand.

"Yes. Feel free to exclude any symptom if it makes your job easier" Dad sarcastically remarks.

"The night terrors were anecdotal. He could've had a bad dream" Chase points with pencil.

"No. Parents said he was conscious during the event" Cameron slightly shakes her head "and didn't remember anything afterwards. Thats a night terror."

"Parents said?" Chase question makes Cameron slightly annoyed.