Chapter 16

For the first time ever Maya woke up and didn't want to go to work.

She was tossing and turning all night due to her anxiety. When her alarm went off Maya groaned, hit the button muttered "fuck off" and threw her phone across the room which startled the Italian beside her. Carina shot up in sitting position about to get out of bed when Maya wrapped her arms around her " don't worry it was just my phone"

Nodding still half asleep "okay" just as Carina was lying back down she shot up again turning slightly looking down and the blonde "wait what? Maya. Did you through your phone?"

Opening her left eye "Uhh no" she said closing her eye again.

"MAYA!" Carina laughed climbing on top of her and started tickling her

"CARINA!!" Maya burst into laughter."oh my god, stop, can't... breath..."

Stopping and giving her blonde a kiss that was just meant to be a small one however Maya grabbed the back of the brunettes neck and pulled her back.  Moaning into the kiss, running her tongue along Mayas bottom lip asking for entrance which she granted. Carina moved to straddle the blonde her hands moving down to Mayas t shirt.

Just then the alarm went off again "oh just fuck right off" Maya groaned yet again but then the alarm stopped. Looking at each other then Carina slowly looked behind her as Maya lifted herself up a bit to see Matteo holding Mayas phone.

"Mommy why is your phone over here?" rubbing his eye with one hand and lifted Mayas phone with the other one. Walking over to the bed.

"Morning Bambino"

"Morning bubba"

They both said at the same time wondering what he just hear and how much he witnessed. They didn't hear him come in never mind opening the bedroom door.

"Mommy why was your phone on the floor?"Matteo asked again. He was confused as he wasn't allowed to leave his toys on the floor before going to bed so why was his mommy allowed too.

"Uhh" Maya was struggling how to tell her 3 year old son why she threw her phone across the room when her alarm went off because she was nervous about her team finding out that his mama Dr Carina Deluca was her girlfriend. "Ohh you know what I am starving I want some breakfast. Let's go get some yummy food" Maya knew that the best distraction against Matteo was food. Yes she wasn't too hungry this morning her anxiety taking over just a little bit making food the last thing she wanted, but she knew this was the best option. So Maya leaped out of bed grabbed Matteo and put one arm out like a superman pose and ran to the kitchen. All while Matteo was laughing his little head off and Carina sat in bed wondering what happened in the 10 minutes that she had woken up.

The doctor was confused at the blondes reaction this morning. 'Why wasn't she wanting to go to work? She was being extra cuddly in bed why? Why is she so anxious? Wait she didn't go for a run why not, she always goes for a run when she's anxious?' Carinas mind was running with ever possible question. Then it clicked.

It's the day of the spaghetti dinner.

Hearing little patter of feet running into her bedroom she smiled "mama, I think mommy is burning the waffles" he said with a his adorable little giggle and his hands over his mouth.

"Oh no shall we go and help mommy so she doesn't burn down the kitchen then" getting out of bed lifting Matteo up in her arms and making her way to the kitchen Standing with a still giggling Matteo in her arms trying not laugh either at what she was watching.

Maya although did burn a couple of waffles she did make some that were good enough to eat. But not noticing that she had an audience when the blonde turned round she got a fright, jumped and dropped the pan. Looking up at the two Italians that she could tell were biting their lips trying not to laugh she stood up with hands on her hips. Trying to save herself "don't worry I already made both of yours they are on the table with topping and whatever. I'm just going to have a shake." With a tight lipped smile she turned round at put the pan in the sink.