Chapter 22

I hate how this season is going. Yes Maya fucked up and I don't agree with what she did with becket. It was stupid and I hope to god that when they say Maya risks her life for someone it isn't becket ordering her to do so and threatening her with another demotion for not taking an order. Or maybe that's just in my head. Another 1shot to be made... possibly

It just feels like everything went back to the way it was when she got her Captaincy everyone hated her and talked behind her back. Only this time the stakes are higher and there more people involved.

I absolutely hated Vics comment about their marriage. They are meant to be a family.

I just know they are going to continue to give Maya shit yet with Jack they are going to do everything they can to help him get back on track and maybe back on the team. I think that will piss me off the most. They say they are family but Maya always seems to get the short straw.

I do think Carina needs to here her out. They need to talk and not shout. She couldn't have been that blind about everyone pushing Maya's buttons the past 6 months. She's her wife the person that should be non judgmental. Yes I get she's hormonal and Maya did some questionable things and needs help but come on, Carina from the start of their relationship always said "we talk things out" but now it's different.

I am really struggling to watch this season so far just with how they have made Maya so destructive.

I know people have said they will stop watching it if they break up and I can honestly say I will.

Sorry for the rant. A lil pissed as you can tell but...

Here's the chapter, it's a wholesome one I think we deserve that after well you know....

It had been a couple of days since the spaghetti dinner. Maya and Carina made the choice of staying at at Mayas, just because it was closer to the station and they just wanted to get home and chill fast as possible.

The blondes neck was now a yellowish colour but everyday multiple times day Matteo would give her bruises a kiss because of course kisses make everything better. Each time the Captain eyes would tear up at how sweet he was.

Carina got paged around three in the morning. They needed her help as a mama was labouring which was surprising as she wasn't on call. Only to find out that when she arrived the OB in charge of the shift had been sent home for smoking some weed on the roof.

Sighing she texted Maya. she really didn't get along with this particular doctor. They were always running late, making Carima look like the bad guy, not doing their charts and paper work. Carina was at her wits end with this doctor.

Bambina😘: Good morning Bella . Turns out Doctor Crazy got sent home so they call me in I should be home before lunch if no emergencies come through. Wish I was cuddled up with you bambina. I love you.

Knowing she wasn't going to get a reply anytime soon she put her phone away in her white coat pocket. Carina didn't know if it was the lack of sleep, being called in when she wasn't meant to or the fact this was the first time being away from Maya after what happened a couple of days ago but she couldn't help but feel emotional being away from her.

She could've screamed when her pager went off and she had to untangle herself from her girlfriend.

Luckily for her with everything going on Maya was actually sleeping pretty well. When she wasn't on shift it was hard to wake her up unless it was Matteo crying/wanting her or Carina waking her up with a special wake up call anything else she slept through it.

After checking on the mama who was impatient that her baby hadn't arrived yet even though her water broke an hour ago. Carina left after telling them that they had a long road to go as she was only 4cm dilated, she lent against the wall by the door after closing it and shut her eyes.