Chapter 27

Don't like how this turned out. It feels like more of a filler chapter but let me know what you think of it.

Mush!

Mush, that is the current status of Carinas brain. She had just finished her meeting that she thought would only be thirty minutes to an hour maybe a bit longer. What she didn't expect was fro everyone to question every little piece of evidence Carina had gathered. By then end of the meeting, the board had made a decision that not only would Dr Michelle Cavanaugh be fired but she will be brought in front of a judge and jury to determine whether or not she should be keeping her medical license.

The Italian was mentally exhausted all she wanted to do was lie down in a warm dark room and curl up and go to sleep. One thing that Carina was thankful for was that she had booked the day off. She couldn't imagine going back to work after the gruelling that had happened in the last number of hours and it wasn't even against her, it was all about another person, who didn't even bother to show up and defend herself.

Walking back into the conference room Doctor Bailey just looked at her with a motherly expression on her face, Carina was slouched over with her head in her arms resting on top of the table. Looking down at her watch Miranda noticed the time, it was just after two o'clock. Four hours since the meeting had started.

"Carina?" The doctor softly spoke but getting nothing in return. "Dr Deluca?" She spoke more sternly with a hint of concern in her voice.

"Mmm"

"Are you okay?' The shorter women asked.

Carina just looked at her, she opened her mouth but nothing came out. Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. She couldn't think straight. "Do you want me to call Maya, for you?"

Shaking her head "No, I'm fine. I just didn't expect this meeting to go on forever like this. I felt like I was the one on trial. Like my integrity and medical practice was being questioned. I am just so drained from it and I... Right now I don't know what to think... or do... or say. I.. I feel like I want to cry but can't. I don't know Doctor Bailey. And on top of everything why do I feel bad, like I ruined this womans life. Does doing this make me a bad person? I know I have been frustrated with her actions or lack their of but should I have just put it all aside. Why do I feel guilty? " with an exacerbated sigh Carina sat back almost slouching in the chair.

Miranda moved to sit beside the OB before speaking "Look I am not going to sit here and say that it was easy or that Michelle will blame you for today. But what i do want you to know an dreally listen to these words Carina. "Miranda paused slightly making sure that the Italian was really listening. "What you did here today this morning was the right thing. You were putting your patients and future patients of this hospital first. Just like a good doctor should. You said it yourself Carina, She was putting everyone in danger and performing procedures that didn't need doing and taking huge risks but doing them under the influence of what ever drug or substance she was on at the time makes these situations even worse. Now, forgive me for saying this but your father," Carina gives her a look before she can continue. I makes her feel some what sorry for the interns as this particular look reminds her of her so called Bailey look.

Holding her hands up Miranda pushes on with her point "Your father when he is having an episode he has put patients in danger yes." Getting confirmation Bailey continues "It is you're medical and professional opinion that he should be suspended am I right."

"Yes but I am confused as to why you are bringing this up my papa can help prevent his episodes with his medication and when he's off of it he turns so to speak. He chooses to not take his meds... Ohhh. So you are saying that Michelle is choosing to take drugs and that's not my fault and I shouldn't blame myself."