0.04

"Yo! wake up" just then I feel huge wave off cold liquid wash over my body, I jolt awake. I wipe the water from my face then opened my eyes; Quinn was standing Infront of me while holding a bucket of water. "You could not have been more of an asshole to me", "Yeah tough shit, take a shower, get dressed and meet us downstairs. Don't try anything funny, Matt is already pissed at you for your recent actions" Quinn said, he throws a bag on the bed then left the room.

 Don't try anything funny, Matt is already pissed at you for your recent actions" Quinn said, he throws a bag on the bed then left the room

I get off of the soak bed and walked to the bathroom that was located to the right of my room, this place was stunning for sure. 

An 8-minute shower later, I walk to my bed then opened the bag. Inside was a Floral Print Side Split Cami Dress, I get dressed then slipped on my flats. I walked out the room and stood over the balcony, Matt, Quinn and two other guards was standing at the door whilst waiting. I walk down the steps and said, "This dress make me feel like those dumb moms on lifetime channel", "Be lucky that I didn't choose something ugly, or more revealing" Matt replied. "Oh, you chose this specially for me? thank you Matt!" I said in a fake cheery voice, "Let's go" he said. I walk past Matt and notice that his cheeks were flushed, he quickly held his head down and avoid eye contact with him. He was definitely blushing at what I said, one of the guards lead me to the car and into the back seat, he takes a seat beside me, the second guard opens the other door then sat beside. I'm guessing these two are here to make sure I'm not gonna try any bullshit.

Matt and Quinn get in the front seats, Quinn starts the car and steered us onto the road. "Where are we going?" I ask, "What so you can somehow sabotage that too? I'm not stupid" Matt inquires. "Oh, I see. Someone's a bit pissed after I sent, they're operation to hell in a handbasket" I taunt, he remained quiet. Best not to taunt him anymore further, "You were stupid enough to let me ruin your business". Matt turned around to yell at me but Quinn interfered and said, "Don't let her get under your skin, Matt". "Yeah, don't let me get under your skin, Matt", "Sparale" suddenly both of the guards pull out their guns and aim it at my head.

"I've made a big mistake, I see that now" I uttered, "Not another word from you for the rest of the drive" Quinn ordered. I shake my head in agreement and the gun put away their weapons, needless to say, I got humbled real quick. Eight minutes passed by and we we're now in a small-town. If I had to guess, were in L' aquila. Two more minutes passed by and most of the buildings were now out of site, Quinn parks the car by this shady shed. The guard on my left opens the door and stepped out, he grabs my hand pull me out of the seat. "I've got feet you know", he pulls me towards the shed then opens the door. Inside was pretty average except for the rope on the chair that's in the middle of the room, the guard picks up the rope then pushed me onto the chair, He unravels the rope and begins tying me to the chair. You're probably saying, 'Why don't you try to escape', well if I tried then I'd get shot by this guard and the other one, even if I somehow don't, Matt would definitely finish the job.

The guard tightens the final knot then left the shed, the door opens momentarily, it was Quinn and Matt. "This is what's gonna happen, we're holding you for ransom" Matt says, "Okay but was the ropes necessary?" I ask. "Yes, it's to ensure that you'll still be in here when the bomb goes off" Matt answers, "I'm sorry you said what!?". "You heard him, as soon as we call your friends, the police will try to track us down. If they decide not to corporate, we'll leave your body for them to find it then when they activate the trip wire, the place goes boom. If you even try to warn them, we'll kill you then hunt everyone one of your friends, family and everyone you hold so dear to your heart, understood?" Quinn queries. 

"Yes" I answered, Matt reaches into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He dialed a number then waited as it rung, "Aleks Flavio speaking" a voice said. "Hello Aleks, it's Lydia's kidnappers, we'd like to have a little chat with you" Matt says, "Where's Lydia" Aleks questions. "You will only know what you need to know. We want two million dollars in cash in exchange for her safety", "I don't have that kind of money" Aleks said. "We know, which is why we're giving you 30 minutes to think and decide whether or not she's worth it. You can gather the cops and your friends to discuss it but the second we hear any sirens; if sense something off then we'll gladly put a bullet to her head, understood?" Quintin solicited. He looks at me with a sinful smile, "Understood" Aleks answered. Matt ends the call and shove the device in his pocket, "How does it feel to have your life fall into the hands of the people around you, now we'll truly know, how much you mean to your friends and family?" Matt inquires.

"I don't know, how do I know that you two won't just kill me and take the money?" I ask, "Well, we'll see in a moment won't we" Matt and Quinn exits the shed and closed the door. My heart is racing, and my feelings are in a tangled mess. What I do know is that whatever happens today, will change the course of my future entirely.

Twenty-Eight minutes later, the door to the shed opens. Matt and Quinn walks in, "Are you feeling anxious yet" Quinn asks, I was about to answer but then I hear Matt's phone ringing. "It's time" he says. He takes out his phone and puts the call and speaker, "You've had your time, what's the answer gonna be?", "This is detective Montini alongside Aleks and Lydia's family speaking, no final decision will be made until we have proof that Lydia's alive and breathing at the moment" Montini says. "Okay" Matt says, he walks towards me then put the phone up to my lips. Matt gestures for me to talk, "Hello?", "Lydia? Are you okay?" a voice asks. "Mom? Yes, I'm fine. I just want this to be over soon" I answer, "Enough" Matt pulls the phone up to his face. "What's your answer?" he asks, "We've talked it over and....we're sorry Lydia, but we don't have that kind of money and quite frankly, you're not worth it" Aleks said.

At this moment, it feels like the world stopped, my world stopped. I could hear my heart beating unsteadily in chest, the room temperature feeling like it was rising to unimaginable lengths and the thought of betrayal rattling around my brain. "Is there anything you would like to say, Lydia?" Quinn asks, I just sat there. My throat tightening up, my eyes ready to let loose a wave of tears, I was too staggered to say anything. "No? Okay" Matt hangs up the phone and shoves his phone into his pocket. "Well would you look at that, looks like your friends and family don't care about you Afterall" Matt teased. He grabs the rope and begins untying it from my body, he yanks me from the chair and says, "Let's go". We walk out of the shed and back to the car, "Where are we going?" I questioned. "Somewhere far from here" he answered. I return to the back seat with two guards by my side, "Tell me you didn't" Quinn asks Matt, he just remained silent and let Quinn drive us out of the area. Three minutes later, I hear a huge explosion behind us. I turn around and see a huge cloud of smoke, "Matt, you rat, you snitch, you turncoat son of a bitch. You really planted a bomb there?" Quinn asks while laughing.

"Well, we needed a way to slow them down. A few dead cops and civilians should do the trick" Matt answered, "You're lucky I decided not to leave you there" Matt said while looking at me through the rear-view mirror. "You're stuck with us, Lydia" Quinn says.

"You're stuck with us"