5.06: Give Up The Ghost, Rich

We arrived an hour before the festival starts, looking out for Rey as the place gets flooded with dancer, performers and watchers with their bodies painted. Unfortunately, we don't have as much men with us as I'd like. Just a handful of the non-sexists guys. With the addition of Greta, Eulalia, Roman, Richard and me, it brings the total to 12 against Rey and his guys. Who knows how much of them are here, hidden throughout the crowd.
     "It's a shame that Vega had to tap out before things got interesting," Eulalia says on the open line,
     "You can't blame her. Her kid comes first above all, especially since he's sick," I say.
     "I know, I'm just saying she's about to miss the good shit," she says,
     "Speaking of tapping out. Lydia, It's not too late to put that rifle down and join me in this safe, secure van. Watching everything from the tons of phones filming from countless angle, in 4k. I have a bag of skittles here with your name on it," Richard says.

     "You and I both know I won't," I say, putting my eye up to the scope.
     "I know, just thought I'd try. But the bosses are gonna be pretty pissed at us," he says,
     "Yeah well usually that means the sex is rough so, the best I can do is pray for you while I'm succeeding," I say.
     "Ooh you maybe need to rethink that baby mama," Greta says,
     "Right, I almost forgot," I say.
     "No, you completely forgot cause if you didn't then you wouldn't be at a window sill aiming a rifle into a crowd of festival goers,"  Richard says,
     "Richard, it's not wise to pick an argument with a pregnant lady,".

     "Oh, so now you wanna play the pregnant card. Not to get out of committing murder or getting yourself in danger, NO siree. But to defend your recklessness, y-your stu-",
     "I see him," I say.
By Rey side behind the safety barriers keeping the street clear for performers, I also spot Quinn and Matt.

     "I think I have a clear shot," I say,
     "Well damn, I was sorta hoping that this would take longer and that things would pop off," Eulalia says.
     "That precisely what don't want," Richard says,
     "When you feel ready, take the shot. But don't take too long,".

     "Well which is it, when I'm ready or do it quick?" I ask,
     "I say you should just do it?" Roman says. I put my finger through the trigger guard and as I'm about to pull the trigger, I hear the door behind get kicked in.
     "Don't move!"  a voice commands,
     "Drop your weapon," another says. I remove my finger from the trigger and slowly get up with both hands raised, turning around I realize that there were two armed officers.
     "Oh shit," Greta says,
     "Lydia, what's happening?" Roman asks.

     "Shit, she's pregnant," the first one says,
     "Put your hands out in front of you, Rory, call it in," the second says, approaching me. I try coming up with a way to get out of this while I'm being cuffed, but that proved hard to do as I can't focus with Richard and the others talking in my ear so much.
     "Bring her down, I'll get the rifle," officer one says, retreating it then grabbing my other arm. I have to act quick without fail or I'm dead I thought. As we're are about to walk through the door, I swiftly use my leg to kick it close. Before you can say knife, I run up the door and backflip over the officer's heads, landing safely on both feet on the ground.

As the first cop grabs his gun to presumably shoot me, I put the shackles of my cuff around Rory's neck and pull him in front of me in time to catch the four bullets shot at me.
     "Oh my god, we're those shots!?" Richard shouts.

Before his body falls to the floor, I remove the shackles from around Rory's neck, grab the gun from his waist and quickly shoot officer one point blank between the eyes.

     "Damn—The League of Solstice got nothing on me," I pant.

     "Lydia talk to me, are you okay?" Roman asks. I look for my rifle and spot it in the corner with small pieces of glass coming from the top, putting a curve in the plan.
     "I'm fine, I had to take out two cops. One was holding my rifle and he broke the scope when he threw it to the side to try and stop me. I'm gonna need to go down there and kill him myself," I say,
     "I beg your finest fucking pardon!?" Richard asks.
     "You just dodged a huge friggin' bullet and now you're stepping in front of another chamber!" Eulalia says,
     "It was bad enough when you wanted to assassinate him yourself, got worse when you got caught and almost went to jail or die, and now you're trying to make things worser!?" Greta scolded.