29. Chatter

Adam slammed his hips into hers one last time, sinking in deeper as he came to the sweet clench of her pretty little pussy. She trembled in his arms, relaxing into a slump in his arms before he could even pull out of her.

He groaned, letting her down so her feet gently hit the floor before making sure she stayed upright. For a few precious moments, the two of them just breathed, letting their bodies settle before he was pulling her under the hot spray of the shower again. They'd fucked once in the bedroom, twice in the en suite, this last time going slowly but more intensely until they were needing to clean up—again.

They stood under the hot water and soaked up the warm, letting it unravel tense muscles and wash away the slickness of their combined sweat. Once they were scrubbed up and ready to get out, Adam went ahead and turned off the water, using a clean towel to dry Quinn off before using another on himself. It was obviously still warm out in sunny Southern California, but he got dressed in sleep pants and watched lovingly as his mate pulled on something to wear that was clean. She'd decided on a short-sleeved nightgown, and pulled it over her head before bringing the covers back to crawl onto the bed. She got situated before sighing, her eyes closing on a weary sigh.

Not weary, really. Contented, more like. As Adam rolled onto the bed, she opened her eyes a slit, smiling when he started to move closer. He cupped her hip, smoothing his hand lower so it rested on the gentle curve of her ass. She felt like purring. Every muscle ached deliciously like she'd had a rigorous workout, but she didn't mind. She kept in shape for her future career choice, which made her start to wonder a bit.

"Adam?"

He hummed his reply.

"When I finally get to acting and singing as a career, how long do you think I can go before I'll have to quit? I won't look old ever, so how do I get away with having a nice, long career and not looking suspicious at the same time?"

He breathed in easily. He'd been ready for this question. "It's Los Angeles, love. You can look as young as you fucking want for the right amount of money. You could probably work well into your 60s and still play younger roles without anyone batting an eyelash. Plastic surgery runs rampant. It only helps with the fact we are vampires—or in your case, will be. Yes, at some point we will have to 'die' to the public's knowledge, but until then, people will just assume you had a lot of work done and wonder who your plastic surgeon is. It's actually quite amusing when you think about it."

She thought about what he said for a moment before continuing. "And what about After we die? Do we change our names and use makeup and move to the middle of nowhere like Cassie and Eli? And is this why you see a lot of celebrities who have lookalikes in old photos from the Wild West or even earlier? Are they vampires too?"

He smiled. "You mean the doppelganger effect? Many times, yes. Sometimes it's just a coincidence. Some celebs used to be ordinary people, eking out a life before the movies. Now they'll have money and maybe invest and go into hiding and change their names. Some, like one bloke I know, moved to the Yukon since we aren't really affected that much by cold weather. He's still there, though I think he'll definitely come out of hiding at some point. Even vampires seek out friends and family after a while. We aren't the cold-blooded creatures you see depicted in books and movies. We have feelings and a heart, even if it doesn't beat. We still crave others to socialize with. It's not as strong a pull as to a mate, but it's still there, of course."

"And so, some of the people that we know that are famous now are vampires?" She looked and sounded intrigued.

"A few, yes. Usually the older actors that come into the spotlight when they hit 25 on their doctored-up birth records. None of the child actors, because even a vampire can't Benjamin Button themselves to be six or twelve years old. Not happening without some serious magic, and most of that is dark as hell. You wouldn't want to mess with it. Trust me, I know."