47. Ready For Forever

"Ready to take on the world of Broadway yet?" Adam grinned over at the new graduate, one who would take a one-year 'hiatus' before moving to the city and trying to make a name for herself.

"As if," she sputtered out on a snort. They had just gotten in from the airport and had driven up to Upstate New York to Adam's home there, the cabin that he had first brought her to nearly 16 months before. They had just unpacked and were getting ready for bed when they'd decided to watch a little TV as they settled in for the night.

Quinn had graduated a few days prior, but they'd been busy taking care of a few last-minute things before they took a hiatus in Upstate New York. It was there they would mark and mate, and Quinn would start her new life as a freshly-turned vampire. She was both nervous and excited. It was going to be a different world. They weren't going to spend all their time in New York City, but they would stay at least two months out of the summer there while Quinn got used to her new abilities.

Marcus was gone, the retraction on Peter's statement leaving Adam free for the foreseeable future. Mr. Trek had admitted he may have jumped the gun on his accusation and that he'd been very tired that morning. He hadn't been sleeping well and got up to make some coffee and looked out the window to see the two of them leaving. He'd read the concern on her face wrong, was what it came down to. Though they didn't know how, Marc had fled California and was warned not to come back. If it was the older Jensens that spoke to him, or Bruno or Drea, Adam didn't know—didn't want to know either. With all that behind them, he had a bright future with Quinn in his sights.

Adam smiled but didn't say anything. He was just glad that he was going to be changing Quinn soon so they could start their lives together. He was just waiting on her to say so. He didn't think he'd have to wait long, and he was right.

"Adam?" she spoke after a few minutes of silence watching the TV. "I don't want to wait any longer."

He stilled and took a moment before looking over at her. She was staring at him, a stern expression on her face. Determination. It was like she thought he would protest him turning her.

"Wait...right now?" She nodded her head. "You're sure? I don't want you doing this right now if you aren't one-hundred percent certain, love. The mark and bond is best sealed if you are into it without any hesitation. I don't want you to feel rushed in any way."

She leaned over and kissed him lightly on the mouth. "I'm sure. I'm ready, Adam. I want to do this right here and right now with you. I've waited long enough, and I know for certain you have."

They both smiled at each other. If Adam had a beating heart, it would have been racing like wild horses right now.

"Okay, love. Just let me get a few things settled before then." He got up from the bed and walked around the house, making sure to lock any windows and deadbolt all the doors. He had to make sure that everything was secured, though they were far away enough from most civilization for it to be difficult for her to get to a ripe, human vein.

When he came back into their bedroom, he was shirtless and climbed onto the bed, his back propped up against pillows piled up on the headrest. He nodded to her camisole and pointed, jerking his finger up. "You'll want to take that off to keep from staining it. I've obviously never marked anyone before, and though I know of the healing powers of vampire blood, I don't think it's automatic or the blood exchange wouldn't take place."

"Blood exchange," she mumbled to herself. She shook her arms out like she was loosening her muscles and pulled her top off. She wore no bra. "Okay, what next?"

He smiled at her and patted the tops of his thighs. "Straddle me. It's best to do it that way. Less mess and more comfortable, from what I've been told. Come on."