Chapter 17

DISCORD MAKES FOR LEISURE

Two kids, barely halfway through high school lie on the gym mat. Their eyes are closed peacefully, not a wrinkle of worry on their face. They dream sweetly. Of each other.

They've only been together for a short while but they've managed to skip ahead on their relationship status quite quickly. Almost adults, with the way they handle their relationship. They don't argue over who talks to who when and where- they argue over,

'Do you have enough time for me?'

'Am I important to you?

And,

'Do you respect what I do?'.

All things two teenagers, shouldn't have to deal with. Shouldn't be fighting about. But this happens when two complicated individuals get together. Two people who live so differently, raised in their way with their rules.

But the way they handle it is what matters most.

And in the beginning, they handled it as true teenagers would.

Avoidance, pettiness, and senseless misunderstandings. Plus a sprinkle of lies to top it all off. To protect each other. Or at least, what they thought would protect- but only hurt in the end.

Funny.

Adult problems handled in teenage ways.

Although, not many adults know how to handle things in adult ways.

And later, these two teenagers managed to handle it in ways that even adults would find hard to do with their egos.

Tanaka Ryūnosuke and [Y/N] [L/N] understood each other. Whilst it may have taken a while, they did get there.

And here they sleep, undisturbed. A red and blue gym mat keeps them comfortable from the hard floor underneath. They lie under a roof full of dust, stuck sports balls, and glaring luminescent lights.

these lights. So annoying. You find them everywhere- in schools, offices and now the gym hall. Long white trips of light emit the whole room in this boring bright color.

Your closed eyes twitch- your dreams disturbed. The familiar glare of the lights wakes you.

You stare up into those blinding lights. It reminded you of your short stay in the orphanage. Same lights. You don't remember much of that time.

Next to you lies Tanaka, still deep asleep. Soft snores fill your ears and the distinct sounds of birds chirping away. You breathe in deep, still staring at those lights, before breathing out and finally turning your head before the lights would actually blind you. Your eyes land on the gym doors. The only other interesting thing you could find to look at.

A heavy door, with blacked-out windows. You wondered why. Maybe it was to keep the students from peeking into other students' practices. You know that in Shiratorizawa all the second-year students would rally up the first years to come spy on the third-year Basketball and Volleyball team. Really it was creepy. Whole fan clubs were created for it. Timetables drawn up to find out when practice started and ended- who came when, and when to catch one of them on their way out.

Shiratorizawa, the school for the smartest, most resourceful stalkers.

You hoped this school didn't have that problem. You wondered if Karasuno had that problem? Would be fun to find out. Maybe you should infiltrate their club. Spy on Tanaka.

You roll your eyes at your own idea.

The shadow at the bottom of the door moves. You furrow your brows. It moves again and-