Chapter 13

BEAR WITH A SORE HEAD

Heels tapped against the tiled floors, echoing off the walls and the sound bouncing back into your eardrums like a ticking clock. Your heart beat at your every step- very fast steps, mind you- and it did nothing to cool your nerves.

You were going to miss it! It was way past four and you were sure they were finishing up practice with the other teams by now.

You used the back entrance as instructed by Hinata and true to his word, every person- which was very few- you passed paid you no mind to you. The suitcase strolling behind didn't phase them much, as many of the teens from other schools did the same, seeing as they were all sleeping in the building.

You did not know this.

You had no idea where Tanaka or his team were staying.

A hotel? Did they organize for them to stay in the houses of kids that were a part of this school? But weren't there around five different volleyball teams all from different schools? That's over 80 kids to house, with the benched players and managers included.

The only chance you had of seeing him was now- or tomorrow, but you rather sooner than later. That fight you guys had and the distance of not seeing each other for over 2 weeks is eating you away. You've never felt so bad in your life- an exaggeration but a valid exaggeration.

This is probably the hardest thing you've had to go through- well, except for spending weeks on end studying every day for over 10 hours, that certainly took a toll on your body.

But mentally! This is the hardest thing mentally you've ever had to go through.

And knowing it was your fault. That made it even worse. Knowing it was you who caused it. Who made that look appear on Tanaka's face. The one that made Tanaka's fist clench in despair and feel guilty for doing nothing but the best for you!

It was terrible. You know it was terrible. That you were terrible. That in that moment you could do nothing but lie and blame and-

''Oof.'' Clenching your eyes shut, head hit hard solid. Stumbling back a step, you started rubbing where you'd hit your head, feeling a sore spot starting to form.

''Heh?'' Piercing eyes look down on you, dumbfounded look on their face- as if surprised they even bumped into you in the first place. ''Oh.'' Realization seemed to settle in, his features changing and a shit-eating grin finding its way on his face that said 'I really did bump into somebody.'. ''You're so small, I didn't even spot you walking in front of me.''

Lips forming into a tight line, you looked down at your feet. You were wearing heels. This made the fact sadder.

''I'm not small, you're just a giant,'' you say, looking up at him.

''Well I am 196cm...'' he ponders, finger on chin. ''And my sister says I'll definitely grow more end of this year.''

''Well aren't you lucky,'' you say- meaning it. Smiling at him, you point to your dropped bag which was once hanging off of your shoulder. The force of the collision had caused it to end up there without you noticing. ''To apologize, you can carry this to the gym for me.''

The bag was quite heavy, with ten thick books residing in it. You wouldn't mind having somebody carry that for you, but you also needed to know where the gym was. Seeing this boy- beanstalk of a boy- was wearing what you presumed was a gym uniform, you expect him to at least know where it was located (the Gym, that is).