Chapter 3

Coffee and Flowers

It's been a busy week. And finally I'm done with my hell week as a third year college student. And its been a week since I saw and talked to my inspiration. I decided to walk around the area and loosen up a bit. Since my finals is done and I'm up to my senior year. I passed by a flower shop, I decided to buy some and go to the cemetery that's one ride away from here.

At the cemetery

"Hi mom" I sat down the grassy field of the cemetery and placed the flowers and lit up a candle for mom. It's been 2 years since she left me and dad. Dad was so upset and depressed when mom died. He always cursed himself for not having the money and by not noticing that mom was already dead sick that it was already late for her to be cured when we noticed. He drowned himself by working hard, in that way...he said that it's a bit helpful for him not to think about mom and also give me a better life. He provided me everything I needed that really upset me. Yeah it's true that he didn't drink nor used drugs to get better. Yet his being too busy and preoccupied that he provides me everything yet the attention and the time that we we're supposed to be together was sacrificed.He let me live in an apartment with Noel. He said that it would give some independence. Hell yeah independence, what kind of independence was that? I always wanted for him to visit me yet it never happened.

"Mom I'm almost there. My dreams are about to be fulfilled. And you know what mom. The girl I talked you about before, Kaira. She's back. She's my new inspiration now. And I bet my grades will hit the top because of her ... and of course because of you mom. " I stayed there for a bit longer and decided to walk home. I rather walk my way than ride back and saw another miracle at the apartment. I passed one grave that has this fresh flowers on top. Even the other flowers that has a stand was there. It looks like this person just died. I wanted to look at the name and the date he or she died yet the flowers we're to many that it occupied the whole grave. But one thing caught my attention the most. It was the bouquet of white orchids in the middle of the grave. It reminded of Kaira. She loved orchids. Even she seemed to be boyish all the time but surely she's a real girl that's very delicate andf fragile. I thought of passing by the flower shop again and buy flowers for Kaira. I waited for her at the park where we last met yet she didn't came. I decided to go home, it's almost 6pm. I walked towards home when I decided to buy a cup of coffee. I sat beside the glass window and looked outside. The closed my eyes as I sip my coffee.

///

I heard knock from the side of the window. I looked it up and saw Kaira waving at from the outside window. I waved at her to come in.

"Hey" she said as she sat in front of me.

"Hey, where did you go? I waited for you at the park." I said with an upset tone. She just smiled at me and pinched my nose.

"You did? Oh how sweet of you to do so." She said with her all so sweet smile.

"Where have you been? I just took a week of exams without my inspiration by my side. That's awful you know " I said and sipped my coffee

"Stop that!" She said while a bit laughing

"Stop what?" I asked. She went across the table and kissed me

"That" she said and laughed aty reaction. I was holding my mouth because of what she did.

"Chill Josh. You had cream on you mouth so I just wiped it off." She said knocking me off my own thoughts.

"You should just told me"

"Told you what? The cream?"

"No" I can't stop myself from being a corn in here.

"Then what?" I saw her eyebrows arched a bit

"That...you just wantef to kiss me. If you just told me I'll be a willing human tester for your kiss" i said while talking like a scientist. She just threw tissues at me and laughed. I love the sound of hef laugh. It's music for my ears.

"Silly! Is that flowers for me?" She asked pointing to the bouquet of orchids

"No" i said straight

"No?" She seemed a bit disappointed

"Cause it's for me, you see" I raised my right hand and waved like a contestant in a beauty pageant. She just laughed at me. And that's what O do it for. I stopped and handed her the bouquet. She smelled it and smiled.

"Thank you Josh. Your so sweet"

"Only for you, I love you"

"I love you too" we stayed silent for a moment and she looked up to the wall clock in the coffee shop.

"Gotta go" she said but before she left she planted a soft and delicate kiss on my lips that make my heart pound and beat so fast.

"Bye" she said as she ran out of the coffee shop. That's a way to go.

///

I stood up and was planning to throw the cup of coffee when it felt so heavy that I didn't noticed awhile ago...but I thought I already finished my coffee. I sat again and and drank my coffee. I saw the bouquet of orchids still across me. Maybe she left it as she ran out. Oh well. Gotta go home. What a great day. And I'm hoping that a miracle won't happen when I go in the apartment later. I stood up and left the coffee shop and went home.