Chapter 8

Too Late

"A m-month ago?" I stammered

"Yes"

"C-can i ask ... what was the cause of her death" the last two words felt like a knife cutting through my heart

"She...she died from an accident. A car accident near our old house." I remembered when a month ago I saw a car accident... is that it?

"What was the car used?" I asked quickly as the though ran through my head

"A-an ambulance " I tried to remember the car in the car accident a month ago... and it cleared up in my head... it was an ambulance

"Why is she on an ambulance ?" Noel asked. I felt my whole body went cold.

"We we're about to bring her to the hospital when we met the accident "

"Why?" I asked

"She has been comatose for about 3years back then. We chose to bring her back to our old house where she grew up. Thinking that she would wake up. Yet she didn't even made it there." She wiped her tears away.

"Comatose? " it kept on running in my head that seemed to be not processed by my brain.

"She was diagnosed with brain tumor back then. That's why we chose to bring her to the states for her operation, yet it didn't worked out well so we all decided to just bring her back here; and spend her last days here."

"But why didn't I know... I know nothing. I'm such a useless boyfriend " she patted my back.

"Shh...sorry but she asked us not to tell you"

"B-but why?" She just sighed

"You know what Joshua. Your the only person she loved that much ...and she won't let you suffer for her death. And we also don't want to make you suffer like what we had exprerienced so we all agreed. "

"But still. I should have been there for her. We should have fight her way through together, yet she choose to carry the pain by herself. " I can't accept the thought that she just decided on it alone.

"Sorry. I'll bring you to her" she stood up from the bench and walked through the cemetery. She stopped on a familiar spot in the cemetery. I saw a bunch of white orchids on the grave. It all went back to me. Why am I so slow that I didn't noticed all these, till now. This was the grave I passed by when I visited mom's a month ago. Idiot! But why did they buried her so early?

"But why... why did you buried her so early?" I said as I touched the fresh grass that's growing on the grave

"When she was diagnosed with brain tumor she said that after she die she want us all to bury her the next day. That was her request "

"Why?" My brain keep on trying to process all the information and question it yet all I can say is why

"She wanted us to move on after. She said that we must not shed a tear for her death because she had her time and it's running out for her but it was still running for us."

A moment of silence

"Maybe we should leave you two alone" she said

"Josh just call if you need me here or when your done." Noel said. I just nodded still looking at her grave.

My beloved's grave. My dear Kaira's grave.

I was too late