Chapter 16: Stray Tears

The next few days felt like hide and seek. Ewan ko ba at guilty-ing-guilty ako. Sino namang hinde? I just dumped someone and ruined his self-esteem.

Hindi ko naman iyon sinadya. But here I am, locking myself for days inside my room. I would just sneak for food during Hanzo's working hours sa Caffe'. I think ako 'yung hindi ready na makita siya.

Hindi naman ako nag-aalala. He had company with him. Kristine ba yon? Anyways, they look compatible. Di nga nagrereklamo si Hanzo even though she clings on him so much. Uuwi na nga lang kami parang ayaw pang bitawan si Sir Hanzo e.

"Ash?"

I held my breath when I heard someone called my name in a whisper voice. I turned around to see who it is. It was Luxem. He was wearing his school uniform. He had his glasses on which left an impression of the one genius guy at school.

"What were you tiptoe-ing?"

Hindi na kita nakikitang lumalabas." He added.

He lifted his bagpack to his right shoulders. Pansin ko ang pananaba ng eyebags nito.

"I was heading the kitchen. Kakain sana." I nervously laughed.

I was caught in act! I was thankful it was not Hanzo.

"Oh... kay." Parang may gusto pa sana itong sabihin but I quickly excused myself.

"It's not that bad to have a rest and a nice sleep, sometimes. Ingat!"

He flashed a sweet smile at me before making his way out. I waved him goodbye and went to the kitchen counter.

Doon lang ako nakahinga ng maluwag. Malapit pa akong mapa-novena nang wala sa oras.

I quickly grabbed something from the cabinet. Puro mga instant 'yung pinanghahahablot ko dahil wala rin namang matinong makakain dito. I saw shelves with coffee, cream, milk, and sugar. The rest were loaded with biscuits, noodles, and bread. The refrigerator was full of eggs, wine, a few vegetables that was there since last week, and the rest was bottles of water.

Tao ba talaga 'yung nakatira dito?

I turned on the stove and boiled some water. I'll cook noodles na lang. Pampahaba daw ng buhay. Ironic since noodles are packed with preservatives that are harmful when consumed more than our body can. I just shrugged and raised my brows up and down while cracking the noodles into two. Wala naman akong pake doon. I just want to sound knowledgeable. Ready na akong mamatay e, choosy pa ba ako?

Kumuha na rin ako ng dalawang itlog. I prefer boiling the egg separately than mixing it with the noodles. Hindi rin nagtagal kumulo na ang tubig I let the noodles boil in, while the egg was in a separate pan with water.

Naisip kong magpatugtog ng music since solo ko ang bahay. Parang anytime kasi may biglang bubulaga o maninitsit.

🎶 Playing... Habang Buhay by Zack Tabudlo

Aking sinta
Ano bang meron sa iyo?

I started tapping my feet. I saw this song pop up on my youtube videos. Nagustuhan ko so I saved it on my phone.

'Pag nakikita ka na,
bumabagal ang mundo

The lyrics are fresh and even though I don't have that someone, I still can relate to the song. I felt like I've fallen in love by this song. Ang lakas maka-teenager.

'Pag ngumingiti ka,
para bang may iba

Inilipat ko na sa bowl ang nalutong noodles and sliced the eggs in two. The chili scent of the ramen lingers in the air. I grabbed a spoonful of the noodle soup and closed my eyes when I felt the flavors in my mouth. Napasayaw ako sa sarap.