The boy with limitless potential.

Flashback: 500 years ago.

In a small town in Romania. A young boy abandoned by his parents is out in a nearby forest, all alone, starving and cold because of his sacred gear is sleeping in a makeshift tent. He was about to give up on life until a girl with crimson hair, as red as blood approached him.

Rias: you can either die, or you can live for me

Young Toad: w-who are you?
Rias: my name is Rias Gremory. I know about you Toad Skywalker. The white dragon emperor.
Young Toad: y know about my sacred gear?
Rias: I do. Your parents abandoned you for it. But I can assure you, I will give you the love your parents never gave you if you join my peerage.
Young Toad: ok. I'll do it.

And so Rias conducted the ritual to reincarnate Toad into a devil. Over the years, Rias has grown close to Toad. By the time Rias recruited Akeno, both girls started fighting over him. Rias recruited Kiba and Koneko soon after that.

Present time.

Toad felt chained with no chance of escape. Not literally chained mind you but figuratively. But he never felt any animosity from the peerage, rather, they care about him deeply, especially Rias. In reality, Toad fell in love with Rias and she fell in love with him. So Toad gathered up the courage to tell her.

Toad: hey Rias. We've known each other for a long time right?
Rias: of course dear.
Toad: well during the time, I always feel safe with you and your peerage. The thing is I'm in love with you.
Rias: you don't know how happy I am. I've always loved you too.