How Maverick Met Goose

The day Maverick got assigned Goose was a memorable one for sure. 

"Your RIO is Nick "Goose" Bradshaw." One of Maverick's commanding officers had told him. 

"Well, where is this guy?" Maverick had asked. The commander shook his head.

"He's not here today. Always late that Bradshaw." Maverick tensed up. Great, his backseater has a lousy call sign AND is late? Perfect. Just perfect, Maverick thought.

So, Maverick being Maverick, went to one of the local bars in search of some pretty young thing to have a one night stand with.

As he walked in, Mav heard the unfamiliar sound of a piano being played. Typically, there wasn't even a piano in here.

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain!" The man at the piano was singing.

Little did Mav know that that was none other than Goose. Mav rolled his eyes a bit as he looked at the man wearing a Hawaiian shirt and his aviators on.  Why May was so disgusted was because he had accumulated all the ladies in the bar to be with him.

Goose had a brunette on his left and a blonde bombshell on his right.

He ended the song and passionately kissed the blonde one. Apparently, that must have been his girlfriend.

"Oooo Goose! Your kisses are from heaven!" The blonde said loud enough for Mav to hear it. Maverick froze. This... THIS was who his RIO was? The piano man with a Hawaiian shirt with the stupidest call sign. THAT WAS HIM?! Maverick was astounded.

"Oh Carole, when we leave here, my kisses are going to be from somewhere far from heaven." Goose said to his girlfriend seductively. Maverick rolled his eyes even though he would have totally said something like that as well.

That's when Mav stood up from his seat at the bar and walked up to Goose.

"Goose? Right?" He said as the sunglassed man looked at him with a smile.

"Yeah. Why?" He said as he removed his aviators.

"Well, I'm Maverick. Apparently, we're supposed to fly with each other." Goose's face lit up.

"Oooohhhh! So you're the arrogant, ladies man, cocky frontseater that I've been assigned!" Goose said as he patted Mav on the shoulder. Maverick looked shocked.

"Uhhhh, yeah. Yeah that's me." Maverick said with a laugh.

"Well good to meet you! I'm Nick Bradshaw but you'll know me as Goose." Goose said as he shook Maverick's hand.

"I'm Pete Mitchell. Maverick as you know." Goose looked astounded.

"YOU'RE Duke Mitchell's kid?!" Goose asked excitedly. Maverick's dad was a touchy subject being that he didn't know all that much about the man.

"Yeah. I'm his kid." Mav said embarrassedly.

"That's amazing Mav!" Goose said as he drank some of his beer.

"Yeah, thanks."

"Goose, ya big stud!" Goose's girlfriend called.

"Yeah honey?!" Goose yelled back as the blonde approached the two men.

"Take me to bed or lose me forever!" Carole said as she took Goose's hand in her's.

"Show me the way home, honey!" Goose said as he leaned down to her level. The blonde could all but blush.

Maverick laughed at the two's antics.

"Welp, gotta go Mav. If I don't I'll lose the love of my life right here!" Goose said as he walked out of the bar with Carole right behind him.

"Ok! Bye!" Mav yelled after the two. 

Maverick smiled as Goose walked out. He could already see that this would be the start of a great friendship.