Rooster and Bob's Friendship

After that football scene and Rooster picking Bob up, I made just a lot of since that Rooster would think of him as the brother he never had

"So, does she like me?" Rooster would ask Bob EVERY SINGLE TIME the two met up. Bob would shake his head. He knew the answer every time was that Phoenix liked the idea, but he wouldn't tell Rooster that to feed his ego. So, he shook his head and noted the question to tell Phoenix about this Wednesday.

"No. The answer is still the same, Rooster. It's just a no." Rooster would lean his head on his hand as he looked at Bob like he knew that he knew something.

The friendship between Rooster and Bob started off after that dogfight football game. Ever since then, Rooster would try to take Bob under his wing (get my pun?) because he felt sorry for him.

Sure, Bob could take care of himself but Rooster wanted to make sure that no idiots like Hangman would be around to harass him.

Rooster being an only child, always liked it when there was someone who could be like a brother to him. Especially someone weaker and younger like Bob.

So Rooster would call him up every once and a while to ask him if he wanted to come over to his place and play on his Xbox. Bob also felt sorry for him because he was alone and Phoenix had told him all about how Maverick pulled his Naval Academy Papers that set him back four years and also that his dad died when he was young so, he wanted to help his unofficial brother out by making him feel not as lonely, because Bob knew he was quiet and that people could get sick of his company real fast and the person would be lonely again.

But Rooster didn't mind quiet. He never liked a terribly loud, obnoxious person since he was a little kid, so he never had a second thought about the silences that came with Bob's company when they had run out of things to talk about. In fact, to Rooster, it was peaceful.