Phoenix's Day Out

"Ughhhh! Bob! I'm not doing that!" Phoenix said as she brushed past her backseater.

"Oh come on Fee! You need a nice relaxing day out! Maybe with some friends you have that are girls." Phoenix rolled her eyes. She has no friends that were girls... well besides Penny and Amelia.

"Bob, face it. All my friends are guys." Phoenix said as she looked the man straight in the eyes. 

Bob had the most terrific timing. This time he was in the women's locker room talking to her.

"Look away." Phoenix said as she began to change out of her flight suit. Bob took his glasses off and covered his eyes with his hands, that way if he did accidentally forget to look away, it least it would be blurry.

"But Phoenix, you work harder than any of us ever have! You need to relax just a little bit." Phoenix sighed. He was right.

"Bob, you wanna know why I have worked harder than all of you?" Phoenix said as she slipped on her Adidas shorts.

"Why?"

"Because I'm a woman. I've been a pilot since I was 14 and I've always had to work harder for my place. You guys live it on easy street because you are men and in aviation, it's not so welcoming to female pilots. Especially the Navy. So yeah, I have no time for relaxation because I have to work harder than all of you jackasses!" Phoenix said as she got finished getting dressed and went over to the sink.

"You can look now." Bob slipped his hands away and put his glasses on.

"How come it's so hard for women in aviation?" Bob asked as he cleaned his glasses.

"It just is ok? It always has been. People think it's impossible for girls to fly, even my own sisters thought that. The only one who believed in me was my dad." Phoenix said as she sighed.

"What happened to him? Your dad I mean." Phoenix took a deep breath in and sat next to Bob.

"He's dead. Crashed in a stunt gone wrong. He was a stunt pilot after I came to the Navy. One day I got a call that he was dead. Only 56 years old."

"I'm so sorry." Bob said as he put his hand on her back.

"It's ok." She said as she looked at him with a grin.

"What?" He said with a laugh.

"You know what Bob-Bob. You're my bestie and my back seater!" She said with a laugh. He laughed too.

"Yeah, you're my bestie too!"

"You wanna go somewhere with me? Since you're HOUNDING me about relaxing?" Bob laughed.