10

An invitation

21 DAYS. chapter ten
By Lienie

Perhaps it already been a couple of minutes, or an hour passed since I have finished eating. People around me were now just casually chatting about who knows what.

Today was really fun. Even though it's not finished yet, maybe.

There were times I joined their conversation, but mostly, I listened and watched them, which I truly enjoyed. Not sure if that sounds normal, but truth shall be spoken.

The six of us were now just sitting on our picnic blankets, under a sandbearer tree. Their voices were like background music while I admired the sun that was setting over the horizons of the sea.

Liyue's sunset has always felt so different from the way Mondstadt's sunset looks. Indeed the sun I or we see are just the same, but Liyue's sunset makes me feel like I miss something. Nostalgia as well. Perhaps this is how you describe the undescribable sadness when you're far from your homeland.

"Ahh, look. The skies are so pretty." Yanfei exclaimed, pointing at the sky while her other hand supported her upper body, leaning slightly back. Suddenly, everyone started to look at the skies as well.

"Oooh, I have an idea!" Xiangling then spoke from the back, so I turned to look at her direction.

When I turned, I met two pairs of amber orbs, Xingqiu's orbs to be exact. ー it made my heart flutter ー, He gave me quick smile before turing his head to look at Xiangling as well. I didn't have the time to reply or do anything in return, he was now looking away.

"Why don't we rent bikes for our last activity for today?" The girl suggested, and gained replies like 'ahh' and humming. I liked the idea.

"Sounds good to me!" Hu Tao replied, giving her two thumbs up, and the others nodded.

"Sure, why not?"

"Yeah, yeah!"

I chuckled and gave her an 'okay' sign with three of my fingers up. The idea was approved by everyone, and everyone then began to shuffle, to move while two folded the blankets together.

Yanfei and Chongyun both held baskets, while the rest stood there. I kind of felt bad now that I realized, I've done nothing to help them today. I bit my cheeks and waited for their next move that I can follow.

"Sometimes, your silence makes me wonder of you're enjoying." Xingqiu who had his arms crossed behind his back suddenly spoke beside me. He wasn't looking at me, he focused on the way as we followed whoever lead the way to where we can rent out bikes.

"I am enjoying."
And that was from my heart, I replied. I am more than enjoying. This day, today, must be the most fun thing I've done in my first week here in Liyue.

Xingqiu hummed, or chuckled a quite 'hehe' before continuing to walk beside me. And there was nothing else he said after that, though the conversation didn't seem like it's finished. But none spoke after. I left it that way because neither I, had nothing to speak or add up at the moment.

Although I really do wanted to say something.

We stopped right in front of a small shack that said "Bike rental" Xiangling as well as Yanfei stood right in front of it and spoke to the one who was incharge, while the rest waited behind.

Xiangling turned to Chongyun, whispering something to his ears. Not so long after, he nodded and spoke to Hu Tao, who also nodded after. He then turned to us, and spoke.

"There's only three bikes left for today. It's either we rent it, or come back next time. Xiangling said, two can ride one. What do you think?"

"Well, it doesn't seem like a problem to me." The male with turquoise hair replied with a nod, tapping his chin. They then turned to me.