11

Pajamas.

21 DAYS. chapter 11
By Lienie

After the hangout had ended, my mind was all clouded about the certain invitation Xingqiu gave me. A piece of paper, before I went in the car in which Mr. Zhongli drove, Xingqiu had quietly passed it to me while no one was watching. It looked like he didn't want the others to see, but not confirmed, I may be overthinking or assuming things.

We've arrived back at the apartment hours ago. I have already cleaned myself and went to shower. After that, I also finished writing my journal for today. Although, while I was writing that journal, I couldn't focus because I kept on thinking about the party. Party, party, party. I can't even tell if I'm excited.

Perhaps it's because I know, that Xingqiu will be there. He and I, with his company workers, and other partnerships. I am curious about what we will do. Talk to people? Talk about the book? He'll probably introduce me to his partners as well. I'm sure it'll be awkward as well.

Now, I do wonder.

Did he invite, Chongyun and Xiangling? I'm quite curious. It would be lovely if they were with us too. And, less awkward of course. I thought about that, for hours. And after that, once again I started to imagine what the party could go and look like.

The singing of crickets were heard from outside, I stared at the ceiling while hugging a pillow above my chest. Thoughts were running in circles, but once I try to think about what I am even thinking, I won't be able to come up with one since there's too many.

I sighed, knowing that nothing would keep my mind off the invitation Xingqiu gave me. I had went downstairs for more than thrice, I went down without having a complete reason why, or something to do. I would go to the kitchen, grab a glass of water, look inside the fridge, then go back to my room. And I repeatedly had done this, but change the glass of water into going to the toilet.

──────

Today was the day. Today is the day where the party Xingqiu mentioned, will be taking place. I woke up earlier than usual because of this.

I've checked my phone for uncountable times as I waited for a message from the male. He was busy yesterday, he couldn't give me more information's about the party,  like what to wear, what yo bring.

It was just 10 am but the weather was already burning hot, perhaps this was what summer really meant. I fiddled with the hem of my shirt as I quietly sat on the space near the window, as orange rays of sunlight was touching half of my skin.

Hu Tao and Yanfei are not home, they went somewhere, as a guess of mine. Although I don't know where they truly went, I woke up and they were not there anymore.

I then dragged my feet out from my bedroom and went to the living, while stretching my arms in the air as I let out a groan, feeling relieved. As I was about to sit on the couch, I heard the doorbell ring shortly, gaining my attention and face he doorway. Not after so long, it rang again so I hurriedly ran towards the door, expecting to see the two girls.

Without looking at the doorhole, I immediately pulled the door open, but when I did, my voice couldn't get out from my throat and saw the male with turquoise hair, with an earring on his right ear.

"X-Xingqiu!" I accidentally called out his name too loud, I didn't know how to greet nor what to say first. Say, Hi?

"Hey, can I come in?"
He grinned, pointing behind me. I do wonder how many days did it took me to finally see that stupid grin of his that I really like. Four?

Of course he can come in, I said while stepping to the side to give  space for him to walk on. Once he stepped in, he slightly bowed his head to me and placed his shoulder bag on the couch,  flopping himself on it comfortably as well. He rests his elbows on his thighs, clasping his hands together as he leaned in forward.

"I may or may have not forgotten to send you a text about the party yesterday. I got busy." He then spoke, and with his tone, I could somewhat tell he's preventing himself from laughing.

"May or may have not." I repeated, rolling my eyes playfully at him. And because of that, he finally chuckled.

"Sorry, sorry. That's why I decided to come here instead. So that we'll go together."

"You're gonna wear that..?" I pointed at his attire. A simple blue polo shirt, and white shorts that his half of his thighs. He nodded, didn't he say it was a party? A company's party to be exact?

"Its no fancy party, I assure you. You can dress up however you'd want to, like me." He stated, in a tone where he sounds like he knows what's going on in my head, and all the thoughts I have spinning right now.

"Ah.." I hummed, and nodded. But what caught my attention the most is how he was looking at me while he rests his chin on his palms, as his elbow rests on his thighs. He had a small smile plastered on his lips, and his amber eyes were half lidded, looked very soft.

I felt my back, as well as my face heating up, as my eyes moved to look at his eyes that were looking at mine first. Even though I really wanted to look away, my eyes, my body wouldn't move. Look away!! My brain said. But I was stubborn.

"Something wrong, m'lady?" Hr tilted his head to the side, still smiling, still looking at my eyes. No one dared to look away.

"I should be asking that. You've been looking at me for too long..." I mumbled, but still made sure he'll hear it. His eyebrows quirked up, and muttered oh?

Then after seconds, he spoke.

"I just thought you look adorable," 

My mouth gaped, and I felt my body froze. Although this is not the first time he called me that, I can still feel heat rush on my face, making me fiddle my fingers behind my back, indecisive about what to do. Am I supposed to say thank you, laugh? Be humble.

"In pajamas."
"I-"

I looked at my clothes, and saw pastel yellow pair of pajamas with cat designs, I am in my pajamas. And I am more than embarrassed.

I shoot my eyes directly on the ground, hoping I wouldn't meet his gaze for now. "Damn it, don't look Xingqiu-" I whined and made my way inside my room.

Before I could enter entirely, I heard him laughing softly, and shifting sounds of the leather couch. I assume he's looking at me, I twisted the door knob.

"Wear something casual, I suggest you. But you can come to the party wearing that, I don't mind as well. I'm sure they'll say the same thing, that you're adorable in it."

"Shut up." I gave him one last glance, and entered my room to change.

──────

I think I got my motivation again. Hi