The Spy

Night came in for me to sit in the back seat of Steve's car with me, leaning on the headrests half asleep, wondering where my family was at the moment or Billy which I could care less about where Billy was because I knew that if he knew where I was right now, he would kill me for being with Steve Harrington. Queen Hammer To Fall is playing over the radio, which makes me smile a little I love this song. It's upbeat and perfect for what we are about to do, "Wait a sec. How big?"As Dustin indicates with his hands how big it was, like a small lizard or slug, Steve questions, "First, it was like that. Now he's like this." Dustin explains for me to nod on that, not remembering how big it was before, but it was like a small dog when I saw it, "I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve says for me to give him a look knowing that thing is not a lizard, it's got a face that opens up. 

"It's not a lizard, Steve." I hiss out as Steve looks at me, noticing how close we are for me to lean away from him leaning on Dustin's headrest more Dustin looks at me, knowing that the argument before made one thing clear with Steve, he is an asshole just like Billy well not exactly Billy is worse he hits me because he is a true asshole, "How do you know?" Steve then questions as I look at him because I saw it too, and I wasn't dreaming it up; I hope I'm not dreaming it up because that would be messed up, "How do I know if it's not?" Dustin questions for me to roll my eyes at them boys, "How do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve then questions knowing he is growing irritated at us; take a chill pill, man, we wouldn't lie to him, "Because his face opened up and he ate my cat." Dustin answers for me to nod on that knowledge because I had to bury the danm thing, and I have a blister from doing so which makes me look at it picking it a little; Steve nods a little on that looking only a little convinced making me sit back playing with the bracelet that Will made for me while he was an appointment earlier this year. 

We make it to the Hendersons when it is still dark to get out. Steve opens the boot throwing the keys to Dustin as I look at him with the kid giving me a look as well while Steve grabs his bat, knowing he carries that around with him everywhere because of what happened last year with the Demogorgon. It put both of us on edge. Steve holds a flashlight as we come to the storm cellar. Steve points the light at the lock for me to bite my lip, holding my bat tighter as my knuckles turn white, fearing that it will jump out of there when we open it, "I don't hear shit." Steve says for me to gulp while standing there, knowing he is somewhere, "He's in there." Dustin answers as Steve looks over at us. 

As he then turns back to the cellar, banging the end of his bat into the handles with us not hearing anything, but then he does it louder into the door for me to jump a little on that knowing it scared me shitless not wanting Dart to run out of there and attack Dustin or us. Steve then points the light at Dustin for me to frown on that is he trying to blind the poor kid, leave Dustin be, "All right, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some Halloween prank, you're dead." Steve threatens for me to narrow my eyes at him knowing it isn't a prank; why the hell am I here if it is a prank, "It's not." Dustin and I say as Steve looks over to me, knowing we are telling the truth, "All right?" Steve questions for me to shake my head at him knowing he wouldn't believe us, "It's not a prank. Get it out of my face." As Steve doesn't listen, Dustin says, then indicates with his head to the cellar, knowing we would have to open it sooner or later. 

"You got a key for this thing?" Steve then asks as I put my hand in my pocket, handing it to him as he looks at it and then at me with raised eyebrows, "ok" he mumbles, knowing that I had to keep the key safe because Dustin is prone to losing things. Steve opens the storm cellar as I lick my lips, waiting and watching as we look down there with me holding the flashlight as we all try to see in, "can I have that." Steve asks as he takes the flashlight for me to bite my lip. I hand it to him and watch Steve shine it into the cellar, "He must be further down there." Dustin then says as I look at him on that with me breathing heavily, not wanting to go down there. If that thing is in there, I'm running all the way home, and I will not stop, "I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape." Dustin says as Steve turns to look at the kid with a realistic look on his face.