my skz concert experience (maniac tour)

i recently went to skz' concert in chicago, illinois and it was absolutely the best night of my life! i've decided to write a bit about my experience.

fun fact: i actually can't stand chicago, it's one of my least favorite cities. anything for skz ig :)

it's about an eight hour drive from where i live to get to chicago. my friend (who i turned into a stay, yes i'm proud of myself for that) and i drove up together, listening to skz the whole time. we stayed at a friend's house the night before, where we made our poster and painted our nails.

the day of the concert i got up bright and early to run a few miles and then we hit the town. after a bit, my friend and i got into our concert outfits and went to lunch at the chicago diner (it's an amazing vegan restaurant, literally 12/10, even my non-vegan friend loved it). after that we put on our makeup, jewelry (that my friend made for us she's so sweet), and other finishing touches and headed over the stadium. we got there four hours early and bought some cool merch (i got a shirt, keychain, and bucket hat!). we then met up with our other friend and chatted until it was time to go into the concert.

the actual concert itself was so fucking good!! they opened strong with maniac and i immediately had the biggest smile on my face, which stayed the rest of the evening. we were on the third level and all the way in the back but it was still amazing. it was surreal to even be in the same room as them, albeit a very large room with 30,000 other stays.

my condensed thoughts:

- they are all even more pretty in person, i didn't think it was possible

- the memory and photos i have of felix's smile are my most precious possessions now

- the dances for all the tracks on maniac are on another level, they're so cool (my new favorite skz dance is charmer)

- despite having been on tour for so long and dancing so much during the show, they were super energetic and had amazing vocals!

- when they did the portion where they turn on the lights to see stay they were all shocked, especially bang chan. he kept talking about how many stays were there, it was very cute (we were the biggest venue on their tour if i'm not mistaken)

- they were so sweet and the ending ments made me sob off part of my makeup

- felix singing "if the world was ending" and innie and lino singing "falling" ahhhhhhhhhhh i have no words

- the stays i met were so nice and all had amazing outfits!

in conclusion, that night was the happiest i've ever been <3