green eyes

"Thank you so much, Patty, have a great day!" I say, grabbing the bag of bread on the counter and walking out.

I start making my way to my apartment when I hear someone screaming my name.

"Anna, okay, so hear me out. There's this party tonight, and I know you'll love it because you love par–"

"Spit it out, Mads," I cut her off

"It's a Halloween party."

She was correct; I love Halloween parties. If there are thirty-one Halloween parties all month, I'll wear thirty-one different costumes. I love it so much.

"It's tonight; we really need to go, Anna."

"Where is it?" I asked, confused.

We don't tend to have this many friends, if I'm being honest, and getting invited to a party is extremely rare, "delirium."

"Nope. Not happening," I say as I start walking. I stopped when I felt her grabbing my arm and turning me around to meet her eyes.

"Why not?" she asks in a confused tone rolling her eyes. She asks, confused as if she doesn't remember what happened.

"We got kicked out last time because you beat the shit out of that girl," I say in an evident tone.

Maddie is my best friend, but she tends to have a temper I can't even deal with. "She poured beer on you and didn't even apologize, she deserved it."

Delirium is a well-known club around this neighborhood, but the shit that happens behind doors will always be a mystery. Friday through Sunday is full of wasted teenagers, vomiting all over the sidewalk, but Monday through Thursday, don't you dare get closed to that place.

"You're lucky is a Halloween party."

I sit on top of the sink, trying my best to make my eyeliner as close as possible to the other eye. Once I'm done with my makeup, I put on the bunny ears that were resting on my bed, and I walk out of the room

"Holy shit," Maddie says, almost picking her jaw from the floor, "You look so hot."

"Do I really?" I say, running my hands through the material of the costume.

I'm a hot bunny, I'm wearing a black leather body suit with a white boa. I'm wearing black fishnets with black high heels and, last but not least, my bunny tail and ears.

"Of course you do. That choker of yours is doing things to me."

Oh, true... I forgot to mention. I'm also wearing a black choker with chains.

"Let's go then," she hurries me, and I walk out of the house, locking my front door.

The club is full of people; more than half is already wasted and ready to go home, and the rest is history.

I walk through the crowd apologizing each time I run into someone, I'm trying my best to keep up with Maddie, but she keeps pushing the shit out of people, telling them to move, like I said, a temper.

We finally get out of the crowd and make our way to the bar; Maddie asks for our drinks and sits down.

"Ironically, you're dressed as an angel, and you were just cussing people out."

"The devil was an angel at some point; you more than anyone should know that, nun."

"Shut up," I smile, and I see the bartender handing us our drinks; I drink mine in one sip, and I grab Maddie's hand. "Let's go; we're here to get wasted and dance."