1. PLUS ONE

Chapter 1

Thembi's POV

My name is Thembi Shange and I am a 24-year woman, who lives alone in Durban. In a clean area, quiet and not too busy.

My parents have passed on and I only have an older brother, who has a wife. They've been together for 5 years, and I love that for them. On the other hand, I have been single for almost my whole life I've only had one boyfriend for years.
My relationship before the breakup, I thought was good enough for me to marry him, if he asked me to marry him, only to find that I was being played. He cheated and had a baby girl in the relationship, how I didn't catch on, I still think I'm stupid for that.

I have created my own world, a world filled with flowers, streamy waterfalls, and clean fresh air. I work at a coffee shop, and I'm working on pushing my small business and being consistent with it.
Now I'm sure you know more than you should about me.

Welcome to my train of thoughts.

My 6:00 am alarm rang and buzzed under my pillow waking me up immediately, and as much as I don't like waking up in the morning, being a light sleeper does not do me any justice.
I quickly press the stop button before the second buzz and I continue sleeping, telling myself I will wake up after five minutes and I shut my eyes and go to sleep again. After what felt like 2 minutes, my phone rings, making me groan in annoyance.

"Girl where are you, weren't you supposed to be here a half hour ago, you said you'd be here an hour early, but thirty minutes have gone?" Mandisa shouts through the phone, And I can already imagine her facial expression, with her furrowed eyebrows and gritted teeth.

"Oh snap, I really thought that I would I'd wake up five minutes later but I'll be there don't worry, I'm never late you know this."  I respond with reassurance and a giggle. Anxiety kicked in with the idea, I might not be there on time, I'm never late.
"Fine I'm waiting, if you're not here by eleven AM, I'm leaving you and I'm not joking by the way." She ends the call.
I know she's joking, she can't go anywhere without me, she prefers experiences with me than alone, and she's made that known quite a few times.
I must say I'm disappointed in myself, who was I kidding thinking that I would wake up five minutes later?

Mandisa is my best friend, a sister I never had quite literally, she's older than me by a year and she comes from a well-off family. We've known each other for eight years.

I get up and stand trying to motivate myself to walk, but instead, I close my eyes whilst standing in hopes I'd be done in a jiff. Taking my first step towards my bathroom the cold tiles send shivers down my spine and chicken skin begins to run throughout my entire body, walking into the bathroom and brushing my teeth after, I walk into the shower, and take my warm bath, my warm gown always lies gently on the hanger in the bathroom, so right after taking a shower I dry myself up and I walk to get myself warmed up.

My shower didn't take more than two minutes and my clothes were already prepared on my bed. I rested on a knee-length flow skirt and a polo-neck, with my leather jacket on top of my black and white sneakers and I settled for a bun up with a black head rap.
My face felt brand new, and I just put on mascara and lip gloss and added some jewelry.
I leave my house neat and tidy, it's not like I have people who come over all the time, at all actually, if we're Deeping things.
I walk towards the stairs, hoping God would give me wings to just fly down, I still don't understand why I don't take the elevator, I always settle for the stairs even though I complain about them.

Getting into my car, I drive off, going to Mandisa's house, listening to soulful jazz, hoping that would ease my eagerness to sleep and enjoy my day.