2. OH BOY

CHAPTER 2

Thembi's POV

I arrive at Mandisa's house, and she is already In the car, I'm not surprised at the fact that I'm earlier than I said I'd be.

"Took you long enough, damn!" she says trying to act angry. "You don't like being early so I don't understand why you are so eager to get where we are going so early and why do you have such heavy makeup today, you've got your lashes and foundation and PINK lipstick!!!, I thought you hated the color pink."
"I might find my future husband there, so please." She says flickering her bob weave.

"Where are we going vele, because the last time I checked you said it's somewhat of a party for exclusive people, you were invited, and you wanted me to be your plus one, I'm still skeptical about going, cause I wasn't invited..."
"Ok listen, this place that we're going to right, it's like a farm area neh, but the twist is that it's a party at the farm, and what I know is that, the party is going to be filled with men who are Flippen rich and I want us to be associates with those kinds of people." Her hands, tap the steering wheel in excitement
"Makes sense." I furrow my eyebrows trying to think about this party being about a business matter.
"And maybe have one of them be my sugar daddy or my baby daddy who knows," she says giving me a side glance and a wink.

Rating the speed she's driving I'd say, she really wants to get where we're going. "How long is the drive?"
"Just an hour love, but you know how I drive, we will be there in max forty-five minutes," she says laughing.
Her driving skills are not so, great I must say.
After driving for an hour, we arrive at a rural area, literal farmland, with huts, and kraals. I started getting confused, I thought she was being light, about the fact that it's like a farm, but hey. I see large Mercs, Toyotas, and BMWs.

"Mandisa did you tell some of these people that you're coming with a plus one?"
"Nah there's no need for that, come on Thembi it's a farm love, even the people who heard about this party, just invited themselves." she bumped my arm

"Fine," I say still uncomfortable about being here without them knowing, I'm coming, I know how it feels like to have uninvited guests, it's annoying and rude.
Stepping out of the car, I felt really underdressed, I just had mascara and lip gloss on wtf, I would like to go home, vele what was I thinking, its a gottdamn party and I just put on mascara and lipgloss.
"Mandisa, all these women are beautiful, and they look like they're prepared to plaster fake smiles for sugar daddies, why didn't you tell me I should at least beat my face and look good for today damn, I feel so underdressed."
"90% of these girls have skin problems, your skin is gorgeous, natural beauty lovers." Her reassurance made me feel a bit at ease, but this feeling is equivalent to all girls wearing dresses and you being the only one wearing pants, it's uncomfortable for someone who isn't as confident.

"Fine, where are you going?"
"Follow me babe" she pulls my arm, to indicate we're moving and slightly let's go. We walked through big guys drinking and minding their own businesses, some glancing at us, and some calling us.

We find our seats I must say this place is beautiful, the couch we're sitting on makes me feel like sleeping on it, I didn't realize how tired I was until I sat on it.
"Girl, look but don't like LOOK, ok!" she hisses at me
I turn my face toward the right and three guys dressed casually come walking towards Mandisa and me, oh boy.