Chapter 3:The Bad Feeling (This is the Part Where You Run pt.1)

The rest of the week passed without incident. There wasn't any major incidents like I told Riley and Mike that there wouldn't be. And thankfully for everyone's health, no major accidents occurred either, or that would have ruined the whole week. At least until Friday afternoon arrived.
----------
Thursday evening, the night Dad and Hope went to go get Raf and Landon:
"Alright guys we're heading out to go get the new student, we should be back tomorrow. Josie, Lizzie, can you two show him around the school tomorrow while I talk with his brother." Dad said to the twins. "Sure Dad, we'll meet you outside." Josie answered and Lizzie nodded as she watched dad get into his car. I quickly moved from my position on the couch and dashed up the stairs after a little bit of hesitation, not wanting to bother them. Once upstairs I entered my own room and shut the door firmly. I slumped against the wood and slid down to the floor, sighing heavily. It hurt to admit it but I missed my old home. I missed Mom and Stefan, I missed my cousins and the feeling of being loved, cared for.
I missed my life.
A loud knock at my door interrupted my thoughts. "Come in!" I called out, lifting myself slightly off the ground.
My door creaked open slowly and closed softly behind whoever it was. I shifted my gaze around the room and noticed the silhouette of a boy standing behind me, holding a glass of water.
"Michael," I acknowledged as he approached my bed and handed me the glass of water. I gladly accepted the drink and brought the cold liquid to my lips, allowing it to calm my racing heart.
"Are you okay Lulu?" Michael asked as he sat on the edge of my bed with his legs crossed. His voice was gentle and concerned, not in the way that people usually tend to sound when speaking to me. It sounded genuine and sincere instead of a typical patronizing tone.
"Yea....I guess," I muttered softly as I lowered the empty glass and set it onto my desk beside the bed. Michael gave me an apologetic smile and opened his mouth to say something else when the sound of footsteps running up the staircase reached his ears. "I think that's Riley," he stated softly, looking down at his watch he continues "I should probably head back to my dorm before my roommate throws a fit again. Night Lulu." "Night Mike," I say as he leaves the dorm.
------------
Friday morning arrived soon enough. My alarm clock chimed three times before my eyes fluttered open. I groggily rolled over and rubbed at my eyes with my fists trying to get rid of my sleepiness. Finally, I dragged myself out of bed and dressed before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs. I hadn't even taken five steps away from the staircase when someone cleared their throat behind me.
"Lilly..." I recognised the familiar feminine voice instantly. I spun around and glared at my oldest sister who had somehow appeared from somewhere without me seeing and was currently staring daggers at me with a look of disapproval. I folded my arms across my chest, defensively trying to appear defiant. But deep down inside I knew better than that because this was my older sister, Josie, and I knew she didn't mean anything negative by her expression or attitude toward me. She only ever did it out of affection and to protect me. Still I didn't appreciate being scolded by my older sister. I sighed exasperatedly before replying, "What?"
"What's wrong Lil'Pea, you're acting weird." A familiar voice rang out from nearby and I spotted Penelope standing near the dining area watching us intently with an amused smirk. "You're normally not this grumpy unless there's something troubling you."
Penelope smirked widely as she looked from Josie to me. I could see Josie glaring angrily at her from afar but Penelope just kept smirking at us.
"What? Don't you have a boyfriend now?" Penelope teased, taking a step closer to me so she was now standing right beside me.
Josie shot a glare at Penelope but I ignored her completely.
"Penelope! Leave her alone. If you're gonna tease her, do it somewhere else, not in front of me. She doesn't need to hear all of this bullshit too." Josie growled angrily. I couldn't help but chuckle slightly, although I still didn't feel particularly happy about it. In all honestly, Josie and I didn't exactly have a great relationship, nor did we seem to like each other very much. I never minded though, Josie just always had a habit of worrying over stupid things and I didn't blame her for that. Still, she's still my favorite sister, after all.
"Fine," Penelope rolled her eyes before smirking at Josie once more,"Well, whatever. Now I really gotta get going."
Without another word she walked away while I stared at her retreating figure before turning back to face Josie. "Don't worry Josie, she's not worth your time anyways," I said in a lighthearted tone before glancing down at my watch, "Oh crap, I've got to get ready for class." "Whatever I have to find Lizzie,"Josie said as she walked away. 'What's up with her?' I thought as I walked over to Michael and Riley.
----------
It was later that day and after classes where were dismissed, and after getting changed and saying bye to my friends, I headed outside to where Wickery practice was going on. As I was scanning the field looking for my friends I noticed Josie and MG talking on the bleachers by the Wickery field, they were staring at Lizzie and some dude I've never seen before 'probably the new kid' I thought. It looked like Lizzie was getting upset by the time the mystery dude walked away.I smiled slightly to myself knowing that I can finally put my plan in action before walking off to the kitchen.