Chapter 5:The Big Game (Some People Just Want to Watch the World Burn)

I was walking down the stairs to meet up with the twins with the letter I found on my desk this morning held tightly in my hands. As I approached Jo and Liz I noticed the scowls/disappointed looks on their faces, which only meant one thing; dad talked to them today with 'Dad Face'. "Josie, Lizzie, what happened? Why do you two have Disappointed Daughter face?" "Because dad loves Hope more than us," Lizzie stated bitterly. "What?" "Dad's not going to be at the game because him and Hope left town to try and find Landon," Josie replied bitterly while rolling her eyes, before looking down at the letter in my hand, "So are you gonna read the letter or what?"
I shook my head slowly as I took a moment to look at it carefully before finally unfolding the letter. I started reading the letter.
My dearest Lilly,
My little shadow,
You probably don't remember me, but you used to hang out with me and Diego when you were younger, which was kind of expected considering we would babysit you and Ethan for your Aunt Bonnie. while Jade babysat the twins for your dad.Lil Pea, you know I love you so much, don't ever forget that. You're the sweetest and most loving child I've ever met. Please be safe out there, but know that I will always protect you, even if I can't be with you physically.
I hope that someday soon when you're older, we'll reunite again.
With Love Always,
Wendy.

My tears starting to form as I reread the letter over and over again. Suddenly I felt someone behind me wrap an arm around me and pull me close to their chest, which startled me at first, but after a minute of letting my guard down, I relaxed into the warmth surrounding me. After a few minutes I heard Lizzie's muffled voice speaking to me, "Is everything alright Lilly?" I just nod my head into her shoulder as I continue to cry softly, "Shhh... it's okay Lili-Pad, we're here for you..." I sniffled slightly as I pulled out of her embrace and wiped the tears streaming down my cheeks, "I'm fine Liz," I muttered as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, hugging her close, "Really." "Okay," she murmured as she gave me a small squeeze before pulling away. We both turned around and faced the others who were looking at us curiously, "Everything okay girls?" Michael questioned confused. I nodded my head and wiped my remaining tears away. "Alright well you guys better start getting ready, the team is still short a player by the way. Oh and Stefan is coaching today."