A Great Big World We Live ln

Three tenuous months later

In that time a lot of stuff went down and Y/N realized he couldn't stay the same while Y/N loved growing up in a small town, there were things he didn't learn until he was a teenager venturing out into a much bigger world than he could have ever imagined. Of course, he couldn't have predicted he would get an alien scarab stuck to his neck, accidentally destroy half of his family farm, and suddenly get stuck in a series of lies with his parents. He's experienced issue after issue these past months He couldn't imagine a lot of things and one of them happened to be why he was standing in an airport in Mustafa Japan with a small suitcase and a new life waiting for him on the other side of the terminal doors.

(Y/N) had developed a plan, go to one of the top hero academies find a way to control these new abilities, and go back to his simple life on the farm, after making up for the mistakes of his last few months. All while keeping the alien scarab Kahji on his back a secret.
However, the first part of his plan was already coming undone. The place he had tried to rent was pulled off the market essentially leaving him homeless. A few days before the big exam, if he didn't pass, he would once again find himself stuck. He needed to get a spot in the hero course at UA. There was no other option for him.

Up to this point (Y/N) had lived in a small tight-knit community. So, arriving in Japan was a huge cultural shock to him. He'd say hello to whoever would make eye contact with him and felt awkward when many returned his greeting with either silence or a stink eye thrown his way.
He didn't want to waste any money on a taxi and only had a little to his name in Japan. So he decided to walk through the big city, trying to find any sign of a room for rent or a place to stay. If he didn't by that night he would find himself homeless in a new country and he didn't want to have to deal with the nightly crowd.

Hours later (Y/N) finally stumbled upon a help wanted/lodging sign he found to be closer to the academy than his previous would-be apartment. He walked into the apartment complex and right up to the front counter to find a pretty young woman behind it filing her nails. He was suddenly less confident than he was before walking into the place.
"H-Hello?" He stuttered. The girl looked up at him, and waited for him to continue, "Are you still looking for someone for that help wanted/lodging sign?"

She shrugged, "Nana!" She tilted her head to shout to the backdoor where an elderly lady came limping in, cane in hand. "Are we still looking for help?"
"Yes, yes, who's asking?" The woman adjusted her glasses.
"(Y/N), ma'am."
"Oh, please don't call me ma'am, Yuki will be just fine," Yuki responded with a smile.
"Dear, go grab us a few glasses of lemon water." She told the girl behind the counter who got up and left.

"I've been looking for a place to stay." Y/N told the older woman, "And was hoping the position was still available."
"Do you have experience working at an apartment complex?"
"No, but I'm a hard worker, I've worked on my family farm my entire life." He told her, "I'm here to study at UA."

"Oh, that's a lovely school." She smiled, "I do believe I have a few families with children that attend there. How are you with maintenance? I'm hoping to find someone to do the hard labor since I broke my hip and I haven't been able to get around well enough. The lodging would be free and you'd get a small payment weekly for your work."

"That sounds wonderful." (Y/N) smiled, he didn't want to get his hopes up, after all, this opportunity landed right in his lap.
"By the look of your suitcase, you look like you need a room by tonight?" "Unfortunately."
"Lucky for you I have an apartment that just opened up today."

The apartment was small but it was nice overall and it would work perfectly for what he
needed at the moment. A few days of anxiously waiting for the exam went by. A dread like no other weighed down on (Y/N) for those few days.
Finally, he found himself in front of the academy, unable to take any more steps toward his future. Then to his left, he heard a quiet ribbit and proceeded with a, "It's nerve-wracking isn't it?"