Y/n Vs Todoroki

Thought = -

The air freezes in the observation room and they all wait with baited breath to see if Midoriya is still alive after receiving a blast from Bakugo point blank. Y/N looks over at Tsuyu to see her eyes go even wider than they usually are, and she looks back at him in terror. Somehow, he knows they're both thinking about the same thing – that Bakugo's quirk is easily lethal, and Y/N is steadily becoming a target of his explosive anger more and more.
Nobody wants to be in Midoriya's place, that's for damn sure.

All Might: Bakugo! If you use that move again, you will be disqualified and the villain team will automatically lose!

Their teacher's shouting and his downright frustrated tone that nobody has ever heard before snaps the entire class out of the collective trance that the fear for Midoriya, and of Bakugo had put them in. Y/N spares a glance at All Might, and seeing his shoulders tense up reminds him of how everyone, even the strongest, buffest heroes can have a human side.

Khaji: You're all so primitive. No other species I have come across had been so vulnerable to their own emotions!

It's uncommon for Khaji to announce an observation like that, as he's usually quiet in Y/N's mind.

Y/N: It's not just emotions. It's also a responsibility.

Khaji: The two are the same, young vessel.

Y/N shrugs, leaving the scarab's opinion for him to deal with. He thinks otherwise – he thinks that human emotions are also a driving force. Bakugo is so strong and feral because of his anger, and All Might is about to end the match because of his worry and sense of responsibility. Midoriya is able to stand up and stand his ground in a fight against Bakugo because of his own principles, which Y/N has not familiarized himself with.
Wait.
Midoriya is standing up...?

Somebody gasps from the crowd – either Ashido or Kaminari, judged from the sound – as he stands on the screen and puts his fists up, ready for another blow.
There are emotions on the screen they can see, but not know the whole picture. Iida and Ochako are fighting just a level or two above them, but their fight is way less emotionally loaded than the one happening directly below. At one point in the match, Bakugo is firing up another shot, similar to the one All Might outright banned him from, but it seems that Midoriya has a trick up his sleeve as well.

The last collective straw of sanity is gripped by all of the spectators. The entire A class and their teacher are scared for them, mainly Midoriya, but there is one dark secret that makes All Might fear for Bakugo's safety as well – and then, there's another explosion.

Y/N tries to squint through the smoke as the dust settles, but he can only see what really happens when the smoke clears entirely. Khaji briefly mentions installing an infrared program into Y/n's head.

Midoriya managed to punch a hole through the ceiling several levels up from where they are, opening the sky above them. Just as he does, on another screen, they watch as Ochako surprises the villain-turned-Iida with an attack on her own, finally securing the makeshift nuclear weapon as Midoriya collapses onto the ground and the timer buzzes as time runs out.
All Might loudly and proudly declares the winning team as the rest of the class is standing there, too stunned to react.

All Might: HERO TEAM.... WINS!

After Midoriya is transported to the infirmary, All Might is looking quite a bit more relaxed. Y/N watches his face, forever frozen in that cheerful smile, relax a little around the edges, even just a bit.

All Might: Alright, kids! There was only one person who had done what I asked of them flawlessly. Who could tell me who it was?
The blonde kid with electric hair raises his hand.