Frank Gallagher...

• SEASON ONE •
EPISODE SEVEN

Devin and I were walking out of the school during our half day

Devin and I were walking out of the school during our half day. Conner and Alex stood together at the entrance of the school. Devin gave me a look and when I began turning to walk the other way, he dragged me over to the two boys. I groaned and dragged my feet as he pulled me to the two. "Hey guys,"

"Hey Dev, Dani." Conner said, throwing his arm around me. I gave him a side hug and gave Alex a tight lipped smile. I was still warming up to the idea of me being friends with the boy. I don't trust people, especially people that are as mysterious as Alex.

He was very attractive. I will admit to that. He had shaggy brown hair, that would sweep across his eyesight. His brown eyes and thick eyelashes, always seem to be stuck in a glare at anyone who walks near him. Then there was the cheekbones. His cheekbones were sharp, like he was always sucking in his breath. Something about him just always screamed 'danger'. He was a bad boy without the reputation of being one.

Alex nodded his head at me, acknowledging my presence. The boys talked as I reached into my back pocket and began pulling out a carton of cigarettes. I handed one to Devin and placed one in my lip. I held the carton out to Conner and Alex. Alex took one but Conner denied it. He didn't seem like a smoker to me anyway, so I wasn't surprised. I lit my cigarette, and Devins, before handing my lighter to Alex. He lit his and then handed the lighter back to me.

"There's Polly. She's been acting different lately." Alex said to the group. I looked up to see the girl in a corset and short skirt with thigh high boots. She used to dress like any normal popular girl at the school, so this was a change of outfit. She stood alone at the edge of the street, waiting for cars to pass.

Try to make friends.

Devins words replayed in my head, and before I knew it, I was rushing up to Polly. Polly looked over her shoulder at me, smiling slightly. I smiled back, forcing it a little more than she probably was. "Hey, Polly."

"Hey, Danielle."

"Dani. Nobody calls me Danielle." I said, a little harsher than I intended. Polly nodded, looking down.

"I like your outfit," I looked down at my beat up converse, ripped jeans, and one of Lips t-shirts. I nodded my head and thanked her.

"Alright, spit it out Dani. Why did you come over here?" She asked me after a minute of silence.

"Nothing, I don't know why I came over here," I said, turning around to walk away. Polly sighed from behind me. I could see Alex, Conner, and Devin all watching us intently. Devin gave me a look, which made me groan. I swung back around and grabbed Polly's arm before she crossed the street.

"Look, you wanna be my friend? Come by my house sometime. See if you wanna be friends after that." I pulled a marker out of my pocket and popped the cap off, writing the address on her arm. I dropped her arm and walked away. A smug look on my face and I winked at Devin. He threw his head back and laughed loudly. I made it back to the group and wrapped my arm around Devin.