CHAPTER - 16

We flash back to the prior night, when Anokhi was writing her report to God. As she recalled her time with Shaurya, she wrote that she never knew a moment could be their last until it passed by. She never got to say goodbye properly, so she was hoping that her "Giselle" performance could be her chance. Right offstage, Anokhi gets that chance now, being in Shaurya's arms as she takes her last breath. Shaurya breaks down crying, begging her to wake up, but it's no use. Anokhi is taken to the hospital and rushed into surgery, with Shaurya having to wait behind the operating room doors. He clutches his handkerchief, which is now spattered with Anokhi's blood, barely noticing that Ahir has arrived too. Ahir silently stands there as Shaurya cries. Director Devi and Uncle Tez rush over to the police station, horrified over the news of Kitty stabbing Anokhi. They request a moment alone with their daughter and are taken to the interrogation room where she's being held. Devi gets right to scolding, but all Kitty wants to know is what happened with Anokhi. She grins ear to ear and says, "Mom, tomorrow's Giselle will be Bebo," making Devi slap her. Devi chides Kitty for talking about "Giselle" when Anokhi's life is on the line, and Kitty snaps that she's not one to talk - the only reason they're in this mess is because Kitty had to finish what her mom started. Kitty turns away, while Devi can only stare at the monster she's created and cry. Three hours pass and Anokhi is still in surgery. Shaurya numbly tells Ahir that he'd promised to protect Anokhi, and Ahir firmly states that this wasn't his fault - the couple already did everything they could. "No," Shaurya says. "Anokhi won't die. I'll never let her die." He turns to Ahir and holds out his handkerchief. He asks Ahir to return it to Anokhi when she wakes up and to tell her that he's sorry for not being able to be there. And for parting ways without a proper goodbye. Ahir tells him to tell her herself, insisting that it's not over for them yet. But it looks like it is over. Shaurya looks up at the clock and sees that it's 11:59 p.m., one minute away from his deadline. Shaurya drops to his knees in front of the doors, and inside, the surgeons struggle to get Anokhi stable. They shock her with the defibrillator paddles over and over until...Shaurya starts to fade away. Ahir steps forward, concerned, but there's nothing he can do. Shaurya just smiles, relieved to know that Anokhi is still alive. He shuts his eyes and, still smiling, completely disappears. Oh, Shaurya-ah...Later, when Anokhi is in stable condition - but still unconscious - Ahir stays by her bedside. He tells her that he'd hoped and prayed that the couple's fate would be different. He genuinely believed that she would sacrifice herself just as Naina did, and that was why he was so scared. So he apologizes for everything he's done until now, including loving her. He places the handkerchief in her hand and relays Shaurya's last words: "I hope she can think that I went on a trip. I hope she thinks that I went on a long trip to somewhere far away. I hope she thinks that I'll miss her a lot." Ahir sighs, telling Anokhi to wake up since he can't bear to watch them both suffer. Chief Babli then walks in and urges Ahir to head back to Fantasia - Anokhi would want him to go on with the next "Giselle" show. Ahir greets the ballet de corps in the middle of practice and announces that the show will go on without Anokhi. He locks eyes with Bebo and says that she'll be dancing as Giselle tonight. However, Bebo thinks she has no right to do so when this was all orchestrated by Kitty. Ahir smiles and says, "Rather than Bebo's sister or Devi's daughter, do it as Bebo the ballerina." The corps are super supportive, too, but Bebo is still unsure. Back at the hospital, Chief Babli is outraged when Devi and her husband come to visit Anokhi. She tries to kick them out, but Devi insists that she must compensate for her sins. Devi then recalls Shaurya confronting her days before and telling her that a real parent wouldn't cover up their child's crimes. As Babli lets the couple inside, Devi remembers Shaurya's parting words - to apologize to Anokhi if she truly wanted to start a better life. So when Uncle Tez gets down on his knees, Devi follows suit. Now crying, Devi urges Anokhi to hurry and wake up so she can watch them get properly punished. With that, she finally admits that she did wrong and apologizes for coming so late. Her words turn into sobs, so her husband wordlessly walks her out of the room.While in her cell, Kitty begs the security guard to look up news of Fantasia's show. And she's overjoyed to learn that Bebo did, in fact, perform as Giselle. But then the guard shows her a video of directly after the show, when Bebo officially declared her retirement. Kitty falls to the floor, crying out in denial. Meanwhile, Bebo shows up to Anokhi's hospital room with flowers. She's too ashamed to go inside, though, so she leaves the flowers out in the hall and walks away. Some time passes, and Anokhi's doctors inform Chief Babli andAhir that it's possible she could never regain consciousness. Babli breaks down in tears and curses Shaurya for running away at a time like this. Ahir vaguely states that Shaurya probably had no choice but to leave. He then turns to the side table and notices the handkerchief, now clean.