🐈 EPISODE 17 RECAP🐱

Anokhi doesn't understand how Karan's already in the countryside when Shaurya's standing right in front of her.

His confession that he's not Karan is interrupted by the train's departure announcement, so they hop on board, and he promises Ahir that he'll explain to her on the way.

A quote by Marion Garretty claims, "Poets generally love cats because poets have no delusions about their own superiority."

After getting settled, Shaurya reiterates that the real Karan is someone else, and that he's actually Shaurya. Anokhi scoffs in disbelief so he reminds her, "You felt it too...that I'm Shaurya."

Ahir makes his way towards their seats, having decided to tag along because he's worried about Anokhi. Her immediate concern is that her cat will be home alone, but Shaurya chirps, "I'm right here."

Thinking that she's being fed absolute nonsense, Anokhi challenges him to transform in front of her. Of course, he can't because of all the people around them, so Anokhi says that he should've come up with a more believable lie. She's content that he's here though, smiling that she doesn't care who he is.

Vice President Miss Rajput arrives at work without greeting the others, emanating such a forceful aura that it startles everyone. Anmol notices Shagun looking down and approaches with some words of encouragement, surprised when she snaps her head up with a smile.

Shagun gushes about Anokhi's new webtoon so he bends down to take a look. His close proximity causes her to pull away, but Reema saddles up next to her too, so she's shyly (but happily) trapped between the two as all the designers approvingly discuss the webtoon.

On the train, Ahir also reads the chapter and deeply regrets telling Anokhi not to be so hung up on the Epic Love story when the Creative Designers had gathered at Nikky.

Looking out the window in awe, Shaurya takes in the views with wide-eyed wonder. Anokhi shares that she loves watching the sunset by the sea. Caught up in the excitement, Shaurya promises to join her for the sunset before realizing his mistake.

Sitting close by Ahir motions for Shaurya to follow him. He wants them to get off at the next stop together, reminding Shaurya, "You promised to leave." He objects, not wanting to run away like Ahir. "What if Anokhi runs away?" Ahir challenges.

He suggests that Anokhi may be resisting the truth because she doesn't want to believe what she's hearing. Shaurya expresses that he can't help it if he's abandoned but remains firm that he won't leave Anokhi just to protect himself.

The two excited lovebirds explore a traditional market to search for a birthday gift while Ahir trails behind. Ahir pulls Shaurya aside, who already knows that he can't meet the parents but wants to buy a gift anyway. Having no money, he demands to be paid for his labor.

Anokhi asks if Ahir's going to be okay tagging along since he's shy around others. He claims that he wants to celebrate with her dad, and she mutters that Ramesh's shy too. He buys some premium quality beef since he can't show up empty handed.

At a bus stop, Anokhi asks two grannies for directions and Ahir warns Shaurya, "You can't go any further than this." The elder's instructions aren't helpful, but Rama arrives just then to pick them up.

Anokhi shyly announces, "We came together," but Rama thinks she's referring to Ahir, whom she assumes is her boyfriend. Shaurya's nowhere to be seen so Anokhi wonders where 'Karan' went, and Rama tells her that he's off taking photos.

She's confused but gets in the car, overhearing one of the grannies noting, "A person turned into a cat." They drive off as a white cat watches from behind the trees.

Ahir joins the family for a tea, and Dad gruffly inquires whether Ahir visits Anokhi often since they live across from each other. Ahir quickly denies it, but Ramesh asks, "Why not? You should check in on my daughter."

Ahir's flustered when he's asked if he still gives Anokhi a hard time. Anokhi's surprised because she'd never told Dad anything, but he's just the type of person who pretends not to know although he's aware of everything.

Dad practically whispers, "You should date someone who makes you feel comfortable," and Rama defends Anokhi - daughters tend to fall for men who are similar to their fathers. She accurately observes, "Ahir may seem cold on the outside, but I'm sure he has a warm heart on the inside."

Anokhi reluctantly agrees but announces that she's no longer interested in him. Ramesh looks at Ahir with pity, "You're trying to flag down a bus that already left."
Anokhi says she'll explain when Karan arrives. The real Karan joins them, and she can no longer deny the truth when Rama refers to him as her son.

Unable to hold her composure, she runs outside, and Ahir follows, explaining that the 'Karan' she knows is Shaurya. Unable to process this news, she walks off, wanting to think alone.

Ahir returns to the bus stop where Shaurya's waiting in human form, updating him on what happened. Shaurya immediately looks for Anokhi, chiding Ahir for not being by her side. They both search for Anokhi, but it's Karan who finds her.

The boys end up by the sea, and Shaurya marvels at the sight.

Ahir realizes he shouldn't have just stood by without taking action, pulling the collar off Shaurya's neck.
The stepsiblings sit side-by-side and Anokhi confirms his identity. She cries as she confesses that she has no idea who the person she'd lived with was.

Back at the bridge, Ahir says that he could easily throw the collar away and leave Shaurya here, far away from Anokhi, to live as an ordinary cat. Shaurya muses that when people abandon pets, they take them as far away from home as possible so that they can't return.

Shaurya decisively tells Ahir to do it, "I met Anokhi and got to spend time with her. I owe that to you." If Ahir hadn't saved him back then, he could've died on the streets, so he has the right to leave him behind.

Ahir looks affected by his words but wonders if tossing the collar will bring Anokhi back to him. Shaurya genuinely advises him not to run away this time, and to not be afraid of being abandoned.

Though he tries, Ahir can't bring himself to throw the collar away and tosses it back to Shaurya, who fumbles it and sends it flying off the bridge. By the time Ahir turns around in disbelief, he's in the company of a cat.
Anokhi calms down after going through an entire pack of tissues, so Karan asks if she's crying about Shaurya, whom he met last time. She hesitantly asks if he's referring to a cat or a human.

She opens up to Karan, asking if it makes sense for a human to actually be a cat. Karan doesn't find her claim to be unbelievable, having heard and seen many things during his travels. He says that a cat can even fall in love with a mouse and muses, "Love is a miracle."

Ahir searches the beach for the collar but can't find anything. He suggests turning back, but he can't resist the kitty eyes that Shaurya sends him and continues to look. He tells Shaurya to pull his weight and look around too, if he's unwilling to leave the ring behind.

By the time Ahir finds the collar hanging off of a branch, Shaurya's already gone. Ahir heads back to the house and finds Anokhi, who's coming to terms with the truth. She still has a difficult time believing that her housemate is Shaurya, though she understands now that he isn't Karan.

Ahir hands her Shaurya's collar, explaining that he's roaming around somewhere in cat form. She doesn't understand why he needs her to transform, but nobody does. "Maybe it's magic or fate," Ahir says, which reminds Anokhi of Karan's claim that love is a miracle.

Knowing where Shaurya is, Anokhi sets off towards the beach. She finds her pet cat by the shore and tears stream down her face as she thinks about their shared memories. By the time she's next to him, Shaurya's in human form.

Anokhi takes a seat next to Shaurya, who comments that it's colder than he expected despite the sunset looking so warm. He didn't know she'd come but had figured that he should at least experience it for himself. He gently confirms that she turns him into a human and Anokhi finally comes to term with the facts.