5 (August 5 2022)

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I just wonder that if God give you the
things you are asking for, will you be ready for it? Is your heart on a right set? Because sometimes, when we did something good, we feel like we're so good and special. And once a blessing came, we're gonna think like we deserved it because we did that.

We are called to be content on every circumstance and wait for the Lord patiently. He knows what's best and He knows what's He's doing. You just have to be still and never stop trusting Him. Because maybe once He gave you that thing that you're praying for, it might get you into trouble itself.

We don't deserve any. I have to admit, once I did something good I felt like I deserve to be happy because I did that, I obeyed. Yes, I should be happy, but not because of that reason. He promised that He will never forsake us nor leave us. It's not your goodness that will make you happy. It's the truth that there is a God who will strengthen you, encourage you, deliver you, and because of Him, you already won. We rejoice in that truth. Not in our righteousness but His righteousness.

It's not about how righteous you are in this life, but about God's righteousness that is flowing in and through you. So,we do not have to suffer until we do the task. We rejoice for because of Him, you have all you need to do the task. That's not the task that will make you righteous. But that doesn't mean it's okay to disobey, no, I'm saying that your happiness doesn't rely on that task, your happiness relies on the God who gave it.

So, rejoice before and after you do it. Do not stress yourself. Rejoice. Always. You will never run off of questions to rejoice. God is always good. And because of what Jesus has done, no matter how many attacks the devil make; you're gonna make it because Jesus already won the fight for you.

Don't forget that you have a God beside you. God is for you! Means, you won!

And because of that...

There is a reason to REJOICE.

.