Looking back

2023

It had been nearly a year since Eddie passed, eight months to be exact. Steve was still so broken, he could barely functionas a human being. 

The friends had tried to visit, hell, even suie was comforting him. It just did't feel real to Steve. How could Eddie be gone. Sweet, charismatic Eddie. He didn't disserve death, he was too young. For the first time since he was eighteen, Steve felt truly alone. His ride or die, was wel dead. How was he supposed to handle that kind of pain. He just couldn't.

The only way he could finally lay Eddie to rest, was to go back. Go back to hawkins, back to their early years. It would hurt, it would hurt a lot, but it has to rain for lands to prosper.

Steve came down from the attic with a big box that had the word "YEARBOOKS"  written on the side. He placed th dusty box on th coffee table, and alked around to the couch so he could look through it.

The First book he picked up had in big letters"Hawkins Midde school 1980 edition" across the front. Man, he was such a horrible person bac than. He was one of the people that contributed to the teasing of Eddie. "Freak,"  They would say, "Queer!"  They were horrible, he lot of them, and they still are.

Most Hawkinites are the type of people to go quick past their house, or steve's house. Thats if he's lucky. They'l sometimes throw slurs, or even trash his way. all because he fell in love with the most amazing man to ever come out of that shitty town. he was pretty good looking too. 

Steve Grasped onto the chain holding Eddies ring to get the courage to go on. He had to do this. He took a deep breath and moved onto the most recent yearbook, it was still from 85', but it was the last one steve got. The one that eddie and steve were in together. The year it all started, the year steve found his soulmate.

A/N: So I'm thinking the next few chapters will take place in 85' (the year steve graduated) and go trough the beginning of their relationship (: