a silent voice - nomin

spoilers for a silent voice

"yeah, also, could you go get my camera?"

those were the words jisung, jaemin's
younger brother, had told jeno to do when he would trek over to their apartment.

tonight was the festival in their area of busan. the city had one once a year, and jisung had invited jeno to tag along with him, jaemin, and their older brother jaehyun. it was an offer brought up at the dinner table on jaehyun's birthday, and with much begging and coaxing, jisung was eventually able to convince jeno to come along.

the streets of the city are empty that specific night— for everyone was gathered by the ocean to watch the fireworks go off. it felt quite peaceful to walk alone like this. in the dark. while it was quiet.

it was the first time jeno was able to hear himself think for a while, and truthfully, it was refreshing to ponder over the things he had been thining about.

whether it be dejun clinging by his side at school, mark and ningning tagging along with them when they hung out (since they were basically glued at the hip) occasionally renjun who dropped by the city every now and then, and hell, even ryujin who stopped by their school every now and then after his shift at the cat café.

though jeno found it weird he would do such a thing, he didn't mind it too much. the more the merrier, right?

right...?

jeno shakes off the thought before he climbs up the stairs in a quick manner so that he could get jisung's camera in time. the fireworks would only go off for so long, and he didn't want the younger to miss his chance.

when he reaches the door, jeno hastily unlocks it and with a low hum, he steps inside. taking in the view of the small apartment they all lived in. it was cute. it felt very homey.

"god, where could it be?" jeno mutters to himself, knowing his was alone made it safe for him to think out loud. so he does. "jisung has always had to misplace everything — oh there it is!"

when jeno spots the camera, he picks it up with a tiny smile, excited to get it to jisung who was insanely talented at taking photographs. especially those that had to do with nature.

as the ravenette is ready to place the camera around his neck and leave, he's startled by a sudden explosion from outside. a burst of colors from the fireworks illuminating the inside of the fairly dim apartment.

that's not what catches his attention though.

"jaemin...?" he questions softly when he sees a figure with obvious pink hair standing on the railing of the balcony that overlooked part of the city and the river that ran through it.

there's confusion and slight urgency in jeno's tone of voice, a little lost to what was happening. the adrenaline was running too fast throughout his veins when he saw jaemin like that. "jaem?? nana????" jeno sets the camera back down on the counter where he found it.

the sounds from the fireworks were making him shake in anxiety. This was one of the first times Jeno wasn't sure what was going on, and it made his body shake.

Seeing Jaemin in the position he was in and the noise from the festival ahead of them. It was making his head spin, what was he supposed to do?