squid game - nomin

spoilers for squid game

It had been 4 days since Jeno had decided to go back and continue playing the Squid Games. 4 days since he once again threw his life away for money he wasn't even sure he was going to win.

4 days since he went back, and it's a miracle he even made it this far.

There are so many instances where he thought he should've died, he was surprised he didn't get shot during the first game because he was so sure he fucking moved during it.

But that wasn't very important, it would do him no good to think about it over and over again. So instead of thinking about it, he pulls out the piece of bread he had been saving in his pocket for 2 days at least.

He opens the wrapper and takes a small bite before putting his head into his other hand that was empty, this has to be one of the best things he's eaten in the whole 4 days he's been trapped in this building playing childrens' games back to back.

"Yah, Lee Jeno,"

When Jeno hears his name being called, he looks up and frowns. "Jaemin, what do you want now?" He asks as Jaemin sits down on his bed next to him with a long sigh, leaning his head on Jeno's shoulder.

"Kinda unfortunate how Yuta hyung and Kun hyung didn't make it in the second game," Jeno can tell Jaemin's eyes are on the big piggy bank in the middle of the ceiling, "or Chenle and Sungchan in the first game..."

"I think it's quite unfortunate as well," the older male begins as he splits his bread in half, giving the other one to Jaemin who took it gratefully. "There are just some things in this world I'd rather never hear again and one of them was the sob Taeyong hyung let out when he cracked the Dalgona... Yangyang's blood curdling scream when he fell along with the other players."

Jeno can feel Jaemin shiver on his shoulder, probably recollecting all his memories of the events from the past couple of days. "Yeah... there are some things I'd rather forget I ever saw and heard and those are some of them."

"Yeah..."

"Jeno, you do realize only one of us is gonna make it out of this alive, right?"

There's a small silence between the both of them. Mainly because Jaemin was right, but also because it was a fate the both of them weren't thinking about.

They only joined because they were forced to. It's not like they wanted to be here. It was them and 21 of their other friends... well, 14 of them now.

Jeno pushes off Jaemin's head from his shoulder so that he could turn and face him, a small smile on his face as he makes eye contact with the younger, "I'm aware, Nana." He says softly, "but for sure, we'll make it out of here together."

Jaemin can only give him a weak smile in response.

Both of them knew there was no way they'd get out as a pair.

It was one or the other.

Neither of them were ready to accept that fate.

---

Later that same day, the music that signifies the next game starts playing and Jeno and Jaemin are hesitant to even enter the game hall. This really wasn't worth it. All they wanted to do was go home and play video games together or hang out with their friends.