korean odyssey - nomin

"you," jeno holds out his hand for jaemin to see the gold bracelet on his wrist. "put this on me."

jaemin nods, "yes. that i did." he gives the ravenette in front of him a weird look, his head tilted to the side in confusion. "and?"

jeno lifts a corner of his mouth before he snaps his fingers into a heart, "now i have no choice but to love you."

"w-what?!"

"na jaemin, i'm completely and utterly in love with you." jeno confesses before placing his hand down by his thighs, "and it's all because of this stupid geumgango."

jaemin looks down at the bracelt upon jeno's wrist, "because of the geumgango?" he asks curiously, "what do you mean?"

"do you even know what this does?!"

"well, yeah! the devil king explained it to me." jaemin shifts his gaze up to jeno's face, "he said you'd protect me if i put it on you."

jeno scoffs, "as if i'd ever want to protect a mere human like you, samjang." he spits out as he holds his hand out again, "now i'm going to go running to you the moment you say my name. and my heart will be in pain when you're hurt. and sorry, but i really don't want to live like a love sick monkey, so would you ever so kindly take this off of me?"

jaemin stares at his hand and the geumgango placed onto it. he shakes his head after a while, "i... i need you to protect me, lee jeno. just until i'm able to prevent humanity from being erased. then... then i'll die and—"

"fuck." jeno throws a hand over his chest and closes his eyes, "for the love of god, don't talk about you dying, it makes me sad."

"as if you'd care, the feelings your feeling are because of the bracelet, not because you'd actually be sad." jaemin frowns, "you said it yourself, you want me to die so you can eat me with a special sauce."

"well that's the only thing you samjangs are good for anyway," jeno reopens his eyes and takes a deep breath, "but yes, you have a point. this bracelet means your pain is my pain and when you're in danger or need help, i'll be there when you call my name."

jaemin frowns, "because?"

"because i love you."

jeno shoots him another finger heart, "because of this bracelet. so could you take—"

"i'll take it off of you, i promise. just..." he pauses, "let me have this? i've been alone all of my life it.. it feels nice to have company like this."

the monkey grunts, "dammit, fine." he gets up off of the bench they were sitting on and gives jaemin a soft glare. "until you save the world or whatever, i'll keep this on and stop bothering you to take it off."

i actually like this one, but my writing is not the same as it was in 2019.... 🥲

also, the monkey refers to the chinese zodiac. if i were to continue this, jaehyun would've been the bull, jennie would've been the dog, ten would've been the pig, etc etc yknow