ii. getaway car

▋## cruel summer

▋## cruel summer .ᐟ
// chapter ii. getaway car.

THEO WAS STABBED EIGHT TIMES IN HIS CHEST. That was one of the things Blair found out after months that consisted of sleepless nights and dreary, repetitive days of research. The police couldn't give her any significant information on what happened that night, so Blair took it into her own hands to figure it out herself. Sometimes, she felt they were keeping this information away from her purposely, like they knew she was digging too far into it. But Blair knew they'd regret it all after camp was over.

Although, what unsettled Blair after inspecting the diagram of where exactly the stab wounds were for far too long was that each stab seemed perfectly planned. That not only had his murder been carefully and cautiously prepared beforehand, but all eight stabs too. Whoever killed him thought through everything. Every detail. Every drop of blood that would be shed.

And Blair would be sure to savour every drop of blood shed by his killer once she knew who it was.

────────────

JULY 5TH, 1986. DAY ONE OF CAMP.

"WHERE EXACTLY ARE YOU TAKING US AGAIN?" asked Coco, shouting up to the front of the group trekking through the forest. The clearer part of the forest. Not the side that if you walked into, it felt never ending and getting out seemed impossible no matter how far you ran, no matter how far you traced back your steps. That part of the forest, on the side of the camp behind the cabins, was forbidden to go into. Yet, someone still managed to find their way in there one night, hardly getting out alive.

"To the car, like I've told you . . . three times now? Just so we can enjoy our last hour of freedom before dinner," Roger replied in a slight sarcastic tone as he led the group up past the trees, slashes of sweltering sunlight shining through the tree leaves. "Someone start to keep count for me, would ya'?"

"On it," said Alaska, jumping into the conversation before turning around to look at Coco, walking backwards at a slower pace. "Have you seriously never been to the car?"

"No? Why is there a car even in the middle of the woods?" Coco tried to make a point. "And why are we walking in between the trees with the most branches? I'm gonna rip my new shirt!" Gesturing to the blue shirt she was wearing with the arm that had a white denim jacket draped over it.

"Well we're sorry that there's trees in your way Coco!" Alaska quipped, and you could practically hear the eye roll from her. "And it'd be a total shame if your new shirt got ripped."

Coco opened her mouth to respond in protest, but was stopped when Lia whispered something into her ear beside her, which Coco nodded in agreement to. You never knew what they could be whispering about. It could be gossiping about one of the people right next to them or something totally irrelevant to the situation.