UPDATE - please read !!

hi mls !! hope you're all well 💗

okay so ive been thinking about this for a while now and i think ive came to the final conclusion that i won't be writing this book anymore.

it's difficult for me to say this because cruel summer was the book that made me realise i have the ability to write an original book. however, over time, i just have lost whatever love i first had for it. maybe the passion i once had for it will return in the future, this just feels like the right thing for me to do now.

this book has been out for a year and a half now, and it's not really going anywhere. i rarely update mostly due to the fact that writing this feels like a chore instead of a passion im excited about.

of course, i want to thank each of the lovely people who made an oc for this fic. your support form the very start has made this book what it is - even if i didn't get as far as i would've like to with it, your love for my writing will forever be appreciated by me. also, all my love to anyone who ever commented every time i updated because your love means the world to me. ily all sm!

but obviously, this book just isn't something i want to write anymore. i did have a full 4 book series planned for this but im considering discarding the last 2 books and instead leaving book #2 (titled No Body, No Crime, set 10 years after Cruel Summer in 1996) as a standalone book that has ties to Cruel Summer (as it's essential to the plot, in a way, but the completion of CS isn't needed if that makes any sense?). i did find a lot more enjoyment in writing book #2 over this one as i wrote a little in advanced and realised that there was a lot more i could do with it.

also - keep in mind that the characters in this book won't be completely disregarded! if i do plan to continue book #2 in the future and publish it here, the characters within this book will be mentioned and might even be featured because they're still essential to the story telling aspect! <3

im also working on an entirely different project (with no connections to this book) which im having a lot of fun writing atm (not sure if ill ever publish it here, but anyways).

so that's basically it! thank you for reading and again, thank you for all your love and support throughout the past year. im so so so grateful for you all because without your constant stream of motivation and love, id be nowhere. so thank you forever & always!!! so incredibly thankful for every single one of you.

love you all so so much,

em 🫶🫶