Part 6

My head was sore. My head was more than sore. It felt like I'd been hit by a bus and had needles shoved into my eyes all at the same time. From the alcohol, the lack of sleep, or the tears that fell through the night, I couldn't be too sure. I groan loudly at the sound of Andrews belt buckle slapping together as he pulls on his jeans and I open my eyes slowly to look at him. He's standing over by the dressing room mirror, fully dressed as he fishes his belt into the hoops of his jeans and gives them one last tug. Looking down in to the mirror to give his hair a quick ruffle.

He really such a wonderful sight to see first thing in a morning. His hair was a light blonde and he always kept it freshly trimmed. Short around the sides and long enough on the top so he could quiff if it back for a night out should he want to, but looked good if he left it untouched like he had today. He was the definition of gym bod. Muscles everywhere, all his clothes hugging at his frame perfectly. Today he was supported a pair of skin tight jeans, his legs threatening to rip them open at any moment, and a white polo shirt. Fresh white trainers from the box on his feet. 

He hears my grumbles and looks over at me, through the mirror at first before turning round to look at me as I slowly sit up. 

"Morning" I stifle a yawn, before crossing my legs and putting my head in my hands, willing for the room to stop spinning. He grunts a morning back but his tone seems cold, not as it usually was. I stifle a smile as I realise he's probably got a sorer head than mine. I hear him pick up his bottle of aftershave and the clink of the lid being taken off before he sprays it across his neck and body, the smell filling in the room immediately. I force myself to look up with a small fury in my brow.

"What time is it? Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Figured you'd had a late night" he says, not meeting my eye as he goes down to double knot his shoe laces. 

"Well yeah, but, thats my problem. How are you feeling?"

"Okay, to be fair. I slept good" his responses comes. I pick up my phone to see its just gone past 7.30am and I make a small groan realising I had just half an hour to get myself looking presentable for the breakfast. It wasn't anything crazy, there would be no photographer and there was no need to get dressed up, it was just something Danielle and Brad had said they would like to do post wedding day. Reminisce about the day with everyone who attended before parting ways, knowing people wouldn't see each other again for potentially many years to come. It was a nice gesture and I thought it was the cherry on top for their perfect awaited wedding ordeal. I place my phone back down and swing my legs out of bed, grabbing for the hoodie that was on the chair at the side of me. I'd always felt better sleeping in nothing but my underwear, and its not like I was body shy around my own boyfriend, but the hangover and the air con were surprisingly NOT a great mix. I slipped it over my head and pulled my hair out from underneath it before looking back at him. 

"So why the long face? And the urgent need to get out of here"

"There is no urgency. I just need some fresh air"

"AH" I say, finally standing up and making my way to the bathroom. "So you are hungover" and I chuckle as I walk past him, pointing my finger and shaking it at him. Drinking was not on his usual cards and he would usually curse himself if he let himself slip with food. Part of me knows it was a negative mindset to have but it didn't stop me from teasing him about him. He gives a soft smile as I walk into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. My eyes are red raw, my hair is a mess of curls around my head and my face seem sunken, some what sad. I yawn, again, before turning the tap to cold and cupping some water in my hands, splashing it across my face in attempt to feel normal. I feel Andrews presence at the side of me as I keep my eyes shut and reach for a towel, his hands grazing mine as he passes me one. I give out a muffled thanks as I pat my face dry and look at myself again. It hadn't really helped my appearance but I felt slightly more awake, so that was something.