Part 24

I wake the next morning to the sunrise in my eyes and the soft tone of Austins snoring. A quick turn of my head shows me that he's asleep on his back and the memories of last night come flooding back to me. My eyes burn with tiredness and the soft warmth of the sun shining through the window perfectly onto my exposed body makes me want to roll over, cuddle into his side and fall asleep for as long as possible, but it doesn't take 30 seconds for my brain to catch up the reality. 

I had to face this today. I had to face the wrath of what was waiting for me back home. The wrath that will be made 10 times worse for me by staying here overnight. Making love to the love of my life, no mere thoughts of the mess outside of here. I try to wriggle myself free of Austins small grip without waking him, but he shuffles ever so slightly as I sit up and a tired moan escapes his lips. I watch as he rubs at his eyes and slowly opens them to look at me, a smile and a pleasurable moan this time now escaping his lips. He rolls over so he's now on his side and his hand that was just resting on his chest reaches out as far as it can, just his fingertips placing themselves on my thigh. 

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my entire life." he says, his deep voice even deeper first thing in the morning. If I thought it was the sexiest thing in the world all those years before, it was even better now. I smile as I lean forward slightly, moving a piece of his hair that has feel between his eyes.

"I don't know about that, Aus. But I appreciate the compliment." and I bend down to kiss his head softly. I sit up again now and his eyes are closed, but I know he's still awake. I smile at his peaceful state before I look over my phone and take a deep breath, knowing that there's going to be close to a car crash when I opened it, but when I look back down at Austin his eyes have opened and I know he knows the same. He removes his hand from my leg now and rolls over, sitting up as he reaches the other side and reaches out for my phone. He spins back to me before he quickly spins back round again, picking up his ring that had given me at the cottage. He turns to me and looks down at the two items in his hands before passing them to me, but his hand lingers on mine for a second. 

"Don't rush off. Please. Let me make you coffee." 

I smile, a true genuine smile, because I wouldn't rush off even if I had to. He moves his hand to me thigh again now and gives it a brief squeeze before he gets himself out of bed, his naked exposed frame making a heat rush over me. He stretches before walking over to his walk in wardrobe, no longer in sight, but its only a few seconds later he returns with a pair of tracksuit bottoms and what looks to be an oversized t-shirt. He throws the t-shirt in my direct whilst telling me to catch, and we both let out a laugh as it lands perfectly on top of my head, covering my face for a few seconds. When I remove it and look back at him he's just finished pulling up his tracksuit bottoms. 

"Put that on, and I'll be in the kitchen, okay?" 

"Thank you." I say, appreciative of his knowing to give me privacy. I can already feel my heart starting to beat a million miles an hour as I think of unlocking my phone. He pauses as he watches me put on his t-shirt, instantly becoming a dress on my frame, and he smiles before he nods and walks out the bedroom, closing the door softly as he does so. 

I sigh then, and walk myself across to the window. It's the perfect view of the entire city from here and the hustle and bustle below gives a comforting feel. Knowing that everyone is going about their usual Monday business whilst my world was about to flip on its axis. I take a deep breath, letting the warmth of the sun hit my face for a second before finally unlocking my phone, Austin ring places firm between it and my hand, its cool feel comforting against me. 

2 messages. 6 missed calls. 

The first message had come not longer after 8pm. I know we were still awake, but clearly too wrapped up in each other to notice.