Part 14

He pulls away from me now, his hands slipping down to my side where he give my hip a quick squeeze that makes me giggle slightly as it tickles me and he smirks, his eyes as glossy as ever. He turns to the discarded suitcases which is stood stagnant, forgotten about and pushed back a little further than where we stood from his harsh embrace of twisting me around and pushing me against his car. He takes it by the handle and wheels it around so he's facing me again, all the while I'm rooted to the spot and I'm only just gathering my breath. 

I feel weak, I feel giddy, I feel mesmerised. He gives me a soft smile and then nods towards his passenger side door. 

 "Get in, I'll put this in the back",  and he's spinning the suitcase round in circles on its wheels as he makes his way to the boot. I watch him as he does so, the sounds of the wheels on the carpark tarmac echoing around us. 

The sound of the suitcase hitting the boot of the inside of his car brings me out of my transfix and I finally gather myself. Taking a deep breath I remove my back from his car, quickly pat down my hair and and make my way around the bonnet. The sound of the car boot shutting with force arrives as I get to his passenger side door and I can't help but look up as he moves himself towards the drivers side. When he reaches the door, he looks up at me, and for a brief moment we're just staring at each over the top of his gleamy black Mercedes. His hair is a mass of blonde waves, theres a small stubble on his chin and cheeks, and his hoodie is pulled so the hood sits perfectly around his neck and almost touches his ears, like it was protecting him from the slight breeze of the carpark. I can't help but laugh, and he shakes his head before ducking into his car, a blush appearing on his cheeks that only makes me feel warmer inside. 

When I eventually get into the passenger side and shut the door, he's taping away on the built in sat nav, copying the postcode form his phone, and I try and peak over to look before he notices and shifts his phone away. A stern but joking looking on his face, but I move my head instantly like I wasn't looking. I'd never be an actress. 

He lets out a small chuckle, and then I hear him put his phone back into the holder and I turn my head again to see the estimated arrival time displayed on his dashboard. 

"4 HOURS?!" I squeak, not meaning to sound so surprised. I look at him instantly and he rolls his eyes back at me. 

"Did you think I was going to take you to a local hotel down the street?" he jokes. 

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what I was expecting. He wouldn't tell me a damn thing whenever I questioned it and we had never gone on many weekends away when we were younger unless it was with family, so it wasn't like I knew the sort of vibe he would have gone for so that I could make a guess. It daunts on my greatly that since we were grown adults and moved out of our family homes, this would be the first time we had spent away together just the two of us. 

"I wasn't sure" I admit, and shrug my shoulders, finally clicking my seatbelt into place. He does nothing but laugh and shake his head again, and then he starts the engine and pulls straight off into the street. A comfortable silence between us both as he focuses on the busy city roads, the soft hum of the radio filling the car but neither of us really listening to it. 

We spent the first 30 mins chatting comfortably about small little subjects. He goes into detail of what happened on Saturday when we left Danielle and Brad's early and I find myself laughter in hysterics with tears rolling down my eyes as he talks about how drunk Danielle got in the end, and he passed out on the sofa outside only to be woken by Brad falling over the garden stairs. It felt nice to chat with him about our best friends like we used to all those years ago. The infamous foursome, a bond that I am most certain will never be beaten.