02.

location: touou academy

"oi, where were you yesterday?" were not the words aomine wanted to leave his mouth when he stepped onto the rooftop. the (hair color) haired girl was in her usual spot, studying.
she sat up, "you missed me, aomine-kun?"
"no."
"okay."

he expected her to say more. she didn't. the two sat in silence, doing their own thing for around an hour before she answered his question.

"i went to go watch my cousin's practice match."

that sparked his interest. he sat up, placing his magazine down. "what sport?"
"basketball." she continued to write in her notebook. "kaijo versus seirin. it was interesting, though i don't know much about the sport."

she was the last person he would expect to go to a basketball game. he stared at her, surprised.

"what? my bad, mr-all-star." she teased, looking up at him. "kise mentioned you when i said i went to touou." she explained. he must have had a look on his face when she called him that.
"you met kise?"
"well, yeah. he plays with my cousin."
"your cousin is a starter?"
"he's the captain."

she had said it so proudly that it threw him off. of course he knew who the captain of kaijo was. who doesn't? he has been as many basketball articles as aomine himself.

"huh." was the only thing aomine said before going back to reading his magazine.
"huh." she mimicked. the two then allowed the peacefulness to overtake them.

not for long. it was around five minutes when aomine heard (your name) clear her throat. "you can come out. all of you."
"who are you talking to?..what the hell." aomine stared at the touou basketball team that was now in front of him.

"i didn't know you had a girlfriend, aomine!" imayoshi slung an arm around him. "honestly, i didn't even know you can talk to girls without scaring them off!"
"get off of me. shouldn't you guys be at practice?" aomine threw his shoulder back, his upperclassman's arm being thrown off.
momoi, the team manager, had frowned, "you should be there too, dai-chan!"
"why should i be? the only one who can beat me, is me." aomine laid down. "go away, satsuki."
"but dai-chan!"

"that's some bullshit of an excuse you got there." no one had expected her to speak. (your name) had gathered her stuff, ready to leave. aomine frowned, she usually left later. "though, that would make a good quote."
"what?" aomine stood up, facing her.
she stared at him, "tHe oNLy oNe wHo caN bEaT mE, iS mE."
he glared, "it's true. when you know someone who can beat me, let me know."
"that big ego of yours is going to get the best of you." (your name) states. she doesn't say anything else as she climbs down the ladder and leaves his sight.

"i didn't know you knew (last name)-san." momoi is the only one brave enough to speak. it was clear that the girl's words had pissed off the boy.
"how do you know her, satsuki?"
"i don't," his friend responded, "akashi-kun does. he's talked about her before, remember?"
"huh?"

"(last name) went to teiko, is what she's saying, idiot." imayoshi snickered before leaving, the rest of the team following behind.

huh.

location: seirin high school

"sorry for the interruption," she called as she entered the gym. inside were a group of boys and a girl. the seirin basketball team. she remembered most of them from the practice match with kaijo. "is kiyoshi teppei here?"
"kiyoshi?" glasses was the first to speak. "he isn't here right now. erm..who are you?"

"(FIRST NAME)?!?!" she turned at her name being yelled.
"TAIGA?!?" the two of them stare at each other in shock.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? I THOUGHT YOU STILL LIVED IN AMERICA?"
"I COULD ASK YOU THE SAME THING. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WENT TO SEIRIN! I SWEAR I WOULD HAVE SPOTTED YOU DURING THE MATCH!"
"WHAT MATCH?"
"THE PRACTICE MATCH IDIOT."
"YOU GO TO KAIJO?!?!"

"erm.." the girl said. "sorry to interrupt, but..why are you speaking english?..and uh..looking for teppei?"
"oops, sorry about that. i'm (last name) (first name). i'm friends with kiyoshi! i was hoping he'd be here." she introduced herself.
"i'm riko aida, the coach."
glasses spoke up again, "you mentioned watching our practice game with kaijo, right? but you also said you don't go to kaijo?"
"that's right, glasses-kun."

the seirin team stared at her, glasses-kun??

"what school do you go to, (your name)?" kagami asked.
"touou, of course." she smiled before a confused look broke out when glasses and riko let out sighs. "what?"
"what is with touou students and coming to visit?!"
"who else visited?"
"momoi-san did," a blunt voice responded. "your akashi-kun's rival, right? from middle school?"
"why does everyone say that!?" if (your name) could disappear on the spot, she would.
kagami waved his arms around, "back track please! why were you watching our practice match?"
the rest of the team who were still wondering that mentally thanked the red head.

"i was watching my cousin."
"you have a cousin at seirin?" riko looked at the group, who all shook their head.
"no, no. at kaijo."
"oh, did he play?"
"yup."
kagami frowned, "don't say it's who i think it is.."
"aren't you smart, taiga?" she kicked at his knees, forcing him to double over so she could pinch his cheeks.

SCARY! the seirin boys all took a step back.

"you could have just asked me to kneel down." kagami glared.
she laughed, "there's no fun in that."

"so..uh..your cousin?.." one of the members spoke up.
(first name) turned to the group. "you play point guard right?" the boy pointed a finger at himself, "yes, you, cutie."

"IZUKI?!" glasses yelled when he stopped responding, waving his hands in the poor guy's face. "HE'S BROKEN!"

"i- er- yeah i play point guard." he spoke.
she nodded, "i've just noticed most point guards guard one another on defense. i don't really understand basketball despite having so many friends who play it."

she watched the puzzle pieces click in their heads. it was like the entirety of the team shared a brain cell.

"HUH? YOURE COUSINS WITH KASAMATSU?!"

"yup." she smiled. "the practice match was great by the way! from what i could understand of it, anyways."

the boys all flushed red, stating their thank yous.

"how do you know kagami-kun?" the blue haired boy from before asked, stepping forward.
"oh, his dad and my mom work together back in america." (first name) playfully punched at the taller male. "if someone had informed me that they went to seirin, maybe i wouldn't have gone to touou!"
"im sorry!..wait..touou?.." kagami rubbed the area where she was punching. "aomine goes there, right kuroko?"
"yes."
"what is he like?" kagami asked his friend.

"nothing but a lazy ass, dirty minded, egotistical idiot."

that was not what they were expecting.

"huh?"

"how has he been?" kagami had called the blue haired individual kuroko, so it was safe for her to assume that was his name.
"you went to teiko too, i'm guessing..since you mentioned seijuro earlier.." she looked at him. "i guess he's alright. he skips practice to go lay on the rooftops and read his gross magazines."

"gross magazines?" one of the members spoke up.
"you know.." she gave them a look.

"aomine is not what we expected.."
she shrugged, "heard he's pretty good though. since he keeps saying that dumb line."

"what line?" kagami asked.

"the only one who can beat me, is me."