06.

location : winter cup

"someone's late." (first name) sang out, causing the person in front of her to turn around. "care to explain why you missed the welcome ceremony?"
"i forgot about the time difference." the red haired male deflated.
"you're an idiot."

"hey is that kuroko?" (first name) points out.
kagami looks to where she's pointing, "with the generation of miracles..hold on, (first name)."
"hey!" she watched the boy walk towards him. sighing, she slowly approached the group.

"sorry, but could you leave?"

she stopped. it was akashi seijuro. she knew his voice anywhere, from the countless times they had spoken in middle school about their rankings.

"well, you're no fun. don't exclude us."

"kagami!"
"i'm back. we can talk later."

(first name) would love to punch him later.

"you're akashi, huh?" the red head stepped forward. "glad to meet you."

(first name) had a bad feeling about the upcoming event that could take place. she walked forward, joining the group but was unnoticed by everyone but kuroko.

"shintaro, could i borrow those scissors?"
"what are you going to use them for?"
"my hair is annoying me. i've been wanting to trim it."

(first name) placed a hand on kagami's back, gripping the loose fabric of his jacket. the male did not notice.

"first, you're kagami, aren't you?"

instantly, kagami moved high head right as (first name) pulled him back. akashi had attempted to slash at him. the scissors's blade too close to his face. a small cut formed.

"my, my. i'm surprised that you were able to dodge that. in light of that display of grace, i'll forgive you this time. however, there will be no second chance."

kagami hadn't kept an eye off the captain of rakuzan, but reached an arm back, hand covering (first name)'s, acknowledging that she was there and was a reason he hadn't been seriously hurt.

"when i tell you to leave, leave." akashi raised the tool, cutting off pieces of his bangs. "in this world, winning is everything."

"winners are affirmed completely, and losers are denied completely." (first name) and akashi said at the same time. she stepped out from behind kagami, catching the others's attentions while akashi continued.

"i've never lost at anything before, and i never will. because i always win, and i am always right. i show no mercy to those who oppose me. not even my own parents." he handed the scissors back to midorima. "well, i'm leaving. i just wanted to say hello to everyone today."

as akashi turned around, aomine stood up. "what? don't be ridiculous, akashi! you summoned us just for that?"
"no." he turned back, "i actually wanted to confirm something but after seeing your faces, i realized there was no need. no one has forgotten our promise. everything's fine, then. the next time we meet, will be on the court."

akashi turned back, walking away. "it was good seeing you again, (first name). you haven't changed a bit."
"neither have you, seijuro."

"huuh? you're the girl aka-chin couldn't outwit?" the tallest of the group stood in front of her, a bag of chips in his hands.
"(last name)cchi!" kise smiled. "are you here to cheer for touou?"

the group glanced at aomine, who let out a "tch."

"nope. i'm here for seirin." she looked at the boys next to her. "you guys should get going before riko yells at you."

kagami grumbled something before leaving with kuroko and furihata.

"why seirin? you don't go there." kise asked, a smug look on his face. "waa! are you and kagamicchi dating? you seem very close to him!"
"you're an idiot, kise-kun." she replied. "i don't have a reason to cheer for touou, but i have multiple reasons to cheer for seirin."

aomine stood up. his demeanor changing as he faced her. "i'm a reason to cheer for touou." with that, he walked away, leaving the girl with the other miracles.

she stared as he walked away. did he want her to cheer for him?